corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » supermarkets cut fuel prices 3-5p

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author supermarkets cut fuel prices 3-5p
Planty02

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my local Morrisons are down to 112.9 atm, the queue was massive at dinner time

[Edited on 22-07-2008 by Planty02]
deano87

22nd Jul 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I got better economy sat at 90mph once than I ever have sat at 70, don't ask me why but it happened

Dad used to get better MPG in his M3 at 80mph than 70mph.

I saw a woman in a 1.8 Zafira, clearly a mum come flying by me at 85mph+. I bet she is complaining about fuel prices.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blah blah blah. Cheaper fuel woooooooooop.

MPG at 80 or 70 booo hooo. 80 all the day ftw.
Adam_B

22nd Jul 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its gone down because the cost price has gone down, not because the supermarkets are trying to get more customers.
LeeM

22nd Jul 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
my local Morrisons are down to 112.9 atm, the queue was massive at dinner time

[Edited on 22-07-2008 by Planty02]

i park in a morrisons carpark for work and it was rammed today, took me 10 minutes to get out the blosy car park because theres 2 roundabouts. the amount of people who dont know how to use roundabouts astounds me, they all just sit there clogging the place up
steve101

22nd Jul 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

111.9 our store is down to (Morrisons, Kilmarnock)
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steve101
111.9 our store is down to (Morrisons, Kilmarnock)

Fuck me sideways
Andrew

22nd Jul 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Its gone down because the cost price has gone down, not because the supermarkets are trying to get more customers.

Very true. And we should be greatful that the supermarkets are putting their way out for customers. They could have been greedy and kept the price high knowing we need to purchase fuel.

Tesco are robbing bastards if you ask me keeping their prices high!

We were hitting £1.20 per litre a couple of days back, not it's down to £1.11.9 at morrisons. I'll need to fill up again tomorrow, think morrisons will be my first choice.

As Colin has mentioned, it's costing him another £700 per year and there is a few of us in the same position. So those who say it's only pennies can kiss my fat arse. You either have no value of money or don't drive your cars at all.

I'd like to purchase a better car but the price of fuel puts me off. The pug is about as cheap as i'm gonna run at the minute without paying out 2k for an LPG conversion.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew has a point.

Deano it's a bit unfair saying shutup about the extra 50p on your fill up. This year my fuel bill has shot up. This time last year I was paying about 93/93ppl on my fuel.

Now I'm paying 40p more a litre, so a ~45% increase. 45% on £100 or £1000 is a lot of money.
andy1868

22nd Jul 08 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

29mpg FTW
John

22nd Jul 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco aren't keeping their prices high, 113.9 at the one I drove past an hour ago.
andy1868

22nd Jul 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

typical, i fill up afew days before everyone drops their prices by the time i fill up again they'll be up again no doubt

[Edited on 22-07-2008 by andy1868]
Ash_EP3

22nd Jul 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco's have dropped their's 2p 119.9 - 117.9

The queue today was ridiculous!
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Tesco aren't keeping their prices high, 113.9 at the one I drove past an hour ago.

Dad and I went out to fill up at about 8ish and it was 117.9/129.9 at Tesco. Just been past Slough and its 120.9/134.9
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

Very true. And we should be greatful that the supermarkets are putting their way out for customers. They could have been greedy and kept the price high knowing we need to purchase fuel.

Tesco are robbing bastards if you ask me keeping their prices high!

We were hitting £1.20 per litre a couple of days back, not it's down to £1.11.9 at morrisons. I'll need to fill up again tomorrow, think morrisons will be my first choice.

As Colin has mentioned, it's costing him another £700 per year and there is a few of us in the same position. So those who say it's only pennies can kiss my fat arse. You either have no value of money or don't drive your cars at all.

I'd like to purchase a better car but the price of fuel puts me off. The pug is about as cheap as i'm gonna run at the minute without paying out 2k for an LPG conversion.

It is only pennies.... And that's fine, that's your opinion that the pennies mean something. But I drive my car a lot, and do know the value of money...But we all have our own opinions, and as far as I'm concerned you can shove your diesel up your arse, and accept that you'll have to pay it regardless like we ALL do.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:

Dad and I went out to fill up at about 8ish and it was 117.9/129.9 at Tesco. Just been past Slough and its 120.9/134.9

Windsor and glesgy are quite a fair bit apart mate
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those two Tesco stations arnet, look at the fucking price difference. Robbing Cunts
Andrew

22nd Jul 08 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sound.

I drove past three today, one in Rochdale, one in Heywood and one in Warrington. All of which were still close to the £1.20 mark. Hopefully they have caught up to speed.

I've said it many of time before, the day i don't need a car is the day i sell up. Haven't used my car for social activities for 12 months now so i won't be missing much. Could be happening sooner rather than later too. Thinking of going back to uni to do a PHD depending on pennies. If i sell the car, there's 7k in the bank.
andy1868

22nd Jul 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are 2 shell garages in preston literally afew minutes from each other with different prices i love it
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windsor makes me laugh. We have 5 garages.

1 Big BP: 120.9/132.9 - lots of people go there - BP lovers
1 Smaller BP: 120.9/132.9 - again a fair few people
1 Big Shell: 119.9/132.9 - Lots of custom
1 Small Shell 120.9/133.9 - Only the car sales place that share the forecourt use them
1 Texaco 119.9/133.9 - Empty all the time - mainly becuase they employ staff that cannot speak english

[Edited on 22-07-2008 by pow]
John

22nd Jul 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be filling up when I have to at they prices, the 99 ron at said tesco is only 118.9 as well.

It's more than 3p thinking about it, it's at least 4, can't remember if it was 117.9 or 118.9, 99ron was 123.9 so thats 5p.
Andrew

22nd Jul 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't use our local BP as they are robbing bastards

Use Shell from time to time but it's just a bit out the way. Mainly use Morrison's or Tesco as Mum always gives me those 5p off a litre things
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't buy into this VPower 99RON BP Ultimate shit.

I got about 10 extra miles per tank. And it runs like a bag of beans for the first 50 miles after switching
Andrew

22nd Jul 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a bag of shit, no fuel makes it run any better
John

22nd Jul 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use shell because I get 3% cashback on my credit card, i'll be using tesco instead though.

I agree with the 99ron stuff, total waste of money unless the car is mapped for it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » supermarkets cut fuel prices 3-5p 22 database queries in 0.1020770 seconds