corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Itunes questions please help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Itunes questions please help.
Iain M

User status: Offline
11th Jul 08 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got the latest Itunes on GF Laptop. Her dads gonna wipe the comp today which means losing Itunes. But her IPOD doesn't work. So we are both getting a new IPOD for when we go on hols.

What i want to know is what happens to the account that i have now, when i put the software on i get with the new IPODS can i access the accont that i currently have??
Jules

11th Jul 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean for things like itunes access? if so then I reckon you'll just login like normal.
If you mean music libary then it'll be gone I'd of thought as your broken ipod would of been synced, so a new ipod will mean a new libary
Iain M

11th Jul 08 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well With the new itunes i load on i will loose the music i already have yes or no?

With the new software i load on can i still log into the account that i have now and buy music?
Iain M

11th Jul 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also how many ipods can you put music on from the one account? Can you put 2 accounts on 1 comp??
Jules

11th Jul 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
Well With the new itunes i load on i will loose the music i already have yes or no?

With the new software i load on can i still log into the account that i have now and buy music?

I'm assuming that if you've got a brand new iPod and a newly formatted PC then you won't have any music sync'ed between the two as neither will have any music on it.
I expect you'll be able to log onto your iTunes account though, wether you'll be able to get back anything you've already bought if you explain the situation to Apple - unlikely I expect as anyway can buy a PC and use the same excuse to get free music.

As for two accounts on one PC - no idea, sorry.
James_DT

12th Jul 08 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You'd lose the files from the computer unless you backed them up first. iTunes won't let you redownload it.
quote:

Yes, of course. It won't even be 'new software', it'll be the same version of iTunes you had before.
quote:
Also how many ipods can you put music on from the one account? Can you put 2 accounts on 1 comp??

You can have 5 computers authorised to each account. Make sure you deauthorise the computer before it gets wiped. There's no limit on the amount of iPods synched to each computer.
You can also have a computer authorised for more than one account, although you'd have to change which account you were logged in to when buying the music. Music from both accounts would be able to sync to each iPod.
If you want to keep the two music collections and accounts apart from each other, you'd be better off both having different User Accounts for Windows.
bradgsi

12th Jul 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont get new software with new ipods just a download
Iain M

16th Jul 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got rid of the virus still got all my itunes and all that. IPOD still doesn't work. Can i just connect my 2 new IPODs (mine and melissa's) to the programme i have already and just transfer the music onto them??

Thanks for help so far??

New Poll