corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPod.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPod.
mikey-corsa

User status: Offline
27th Dec 06 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you lot think of these, their pretty awesome I think, lol.
ed

27th Dec 06 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SHIT!
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a 30gb one, as my old 2gb one was to small. Think there shit hot. Only downfall is thier sound quality. Not a patch on the sony stuff when it comes to bass. Apart from that
Dom

27th Dec 06 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, i think there pretty good. Agree that the sound isn't the best but i think the interface is decent, can use it like a normal hard-drive and can drag 'n' drop tracks to it like a removable harddrive - especially as itunes is a load of crap.

Not sure that i agree about the sony's though. the ipod sounds almost identical in sound (using a pair of beyerdynamic 250s).

Only portable mp3 player i would really recommend is the old iriver H300 - offered a master usb port (so you could connect portable drives and other mp3 players and transfer files) and the sound was pretty top notch, and certainly offers everything that the new stuff is offering (decent colour screen for starters).

Oh and for the zen, i haven't had a decent play on one apart from a 5 minute listen and although they seem to work pretty well, i think the sound is a bit shite - lacks in the top end, even on a top notch set of sennheiser's. Though creative are far from good in the sound-side of stuff anyways, look at their audigy cards, 96KHz sampling, like bollocks is it

p.s - only thing that is a real arse with ipods is the battery life, which is complete shite compared to other mp3 players, especially if you watch videos on one.
drunkenfool

27th Dec 06 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love mine!! I foiund some software on the net too that lets you drag and drop tunes onto it like a portable HDD instrad of using Itunes, and they actually play on the ipod instead of just going onto its memory, if you want a copy of it then just send us a U2U. Ive started walking loads more since using mine just cos i dont get bored doing it
ed

27th Dec 06 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get why the iPods still have such crap batterys, and why people continue to buy them even though the battery will only last for about 3 hours. Useless really. Then you are obliged to use iTunes.

The only thing that annoys me about my Zen is it isn't loug enough really, just in comparison to iPods, but then it's loud enough actaully
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 01:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Not sure that i agree about the sony's though. the ipod sounds almost identical in sound (using a pair of beyerdynamic 250s).

I've listened to my iPod through some Shenishers (spelling) and they dont help much. The actual quality of sound is good. But they dont seem to do bass very well, and if they do its distorted, no matter what headphones.

I understand why ppl hate iTunes, but ive grown to like it. Its a good program to organise your music if all the ID3 tags are correct.
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 06 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally cant think of any better way to deal with music on the computer other than itunes. its grand.

im a mac user so im biased anyway as ive been using itunes since years ago before there even was an ipod
ed

27th Dec 06 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a Mac. It's attached to a digital micrometer. It takes readings from it and puts them into a spread sheet.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 02:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does what?
Dom

27th Dec 06 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed, you're not obliged to use itunes with the ipod, like drunken and i said, plenty of ways to use the typical dray drop form of putting tracks on the player.

But i agree that the battery life sucks and am suprised they haven't done anything with it. But it isn't a major problem, just charge it up when ever you see a socket

glb - sennheiser's To be honest, any mp3 player won't have a brilliant output on the things and obviously you're going to get a big enough difference with different pairs of headphones. And the beyerdynamic 250s are a set of close-backed headphones (attenuate external sounds) which would have made a lot of difference.
Eitherway, it can be said the ipod in-ears are a load of crap

edit - ed, thought micrometers were mechanical tools?

[Edited on 27-12-2006 by Dom]
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 06 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only use mine connected to my car radio instead of having millions of cd's
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 02:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Eitherway, it can be said the ipod in-ears are a load of crap

Agreeed Still use em tho.
M2RTY

27th Dec 06 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any gen on the drag and drop software?

i want a 80gb ipod but dont want itunes as i dont have many albums.....many random tracks and mixes that wont show up as albums as my mates did them

bought my lass an ipod and i hated itunes from the start
ed

27th Dec 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
edit - ed, thought micrometers were mechanical tools?
A digital bench micrometer is electronic. They are amazing(ly boring) pieces of kit. Micrometer screw gauges and bench micrometers are mechanical though. It's all about the digital bit
drunkenfool

27th Dec 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
any gen on the drag and drop software?

i want a 80gb ipod but dont want itunes as i dont have many albums.....many random tracks and mixes that wont show up as albums as my mates did them

bought my lass an ipod and i hated itunes from the start

I put it up on my uni webspace here... http://users.aber.ac.uk/mwp4/IPod.Access.for.Windows.v2.9.3.Incl.Keymaker-CORE/

Just copy the files from that folder into one on your pc
ed

27th Dec 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(With a ZEN you don't need any software at all, not even drivers for Windows XP...)

Sorry, had to say that
Marc

27th Dec 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed about the distortion on iPods, can get quite annoying.
Chris Bingham

27th Dec 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who cant use iTunes are clearly Mongoloids cause its the most simple thing in the planet.
Carl

27th Dec 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok on ITunes how do you refresh the music you have on your harddrive, so that ones that dont longer exist disappear? i have a small harddrive so i'm forever backuing up albums and deleting them, these stay on itunes and when clicked askes to browse for file, as you can imagine its a bit shit when this is thousands of songs. Like Itunes until this became a problem, now cant use it. Until i solve this problem itunes imo is officially a useless bag of wank!
Welsh Dan

27th Dec 06 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a year old, and the battery still lasts 8 hours on a single charge, so the short battery life is cobblers.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
ok on ITunes how do you refresh the music you have on your harddrive, so that ones that dont longer exist disappear? i have a small harddrive so i'm forever backuing up albums and deleting them, these stay on itunes and when clicked askes to browse for file, as you can imagine its a bit shit when this is thousands of songs. Like Itunes until this became a problem, now cant use it. Until i solve this problem itunes imo is officially a useless bag of wank!

Only way i can think, is to delete al ur songs out of itunes, then load em all back in again
Carl

27th Dec 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb86
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Only way i can think, is to delete al ur songs out of itunes, then load em all back in again

how you do that, cant find anything that clears itunes In any way when i've looked in the passed.
jay kay

27th Dec 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uninstall itunes and then reinstall jus a possibility
Welsh Dan

27th Dec 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Select all tunes and clear them. Then add all the music as you would normally.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll