corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Astra problem (EGR valve, and ECU) [non corsa]

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra problem (EGR valve, and ECU) [non corsa]
steve101

User status: Offline
   13th Jun 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

posting on behalf of a mate.

Ok, the car is a Y reg (01) Astra 1.6 16v SXi (Z16XE)

(sorry for the essay)

Recently he's been having problems which seemed to start with the engine being a bit noisier than usual - it was using oil as they do, and had ran a bit low - so I dont an oil change for him, and the engine was quiet again - prior to this, his ECU light was on and said "Knock Sensor", cleared this fault, and no more engine management light present.

Since then, however, his car has been cutting out and juddering when he comes to junctions, especially where the speed has decreased quite a bit. Still no ECU light. Put it on the scanner, and it told us the following:

Fault Code: 400 - EGR Valve Fault
Fault Code: 607 - ECM performance problem

I'm aware there's a common problem with the EGR valve, but would this contribute to the latter fault code?

Cheers,
Steve
Rob E

User status: Offline
13th Jun 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it could. get a new EGR on and take it for a drive to check no codes come back

New Poll