corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Slow project for a slow car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slow project for a slow car
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 08 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to gradually add bits to my car over the course of this year, but I'll update this each time I do something.

Here's a pic of it after I got it (and washed it )

A bit of dodgey photoshopping with the plates, but I thought it would look better than blurring or a white box

Then I got some front trims to match the back ones, and some eyebrows, because I have a bit of a thing for them

And most recently I used Autoglym Bumper Black on the bumpers and arches, and put a de-badged grille on and an Irmscher i logo badge on it.

And so that the back end didn't feel left out, I put an i badge on there too

Needs moving down a bit, though, so the hairdrier will be out tomorrow

I'd like to get the bumpers and arches colour coded at some point, but I need to get a passenger wing mirror as the current one has a couple of cracks in the plastic, so I was thinking of getting some smooth ones and painting them. Not this month though as I need to save

Sorry about the long post, but that's everything for now

[Edited on 10-05-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Charlton

9th May 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean motor mate
Corsa_Scotty

9th May 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it Debadged mate and get a GSi spoiler ,Very clean car Looks like mine a bit but i have colour coded bumpers and a GSi spoiler that needs fitting

Mine:

Sorry for the Big pics

[Edited on 09-05-2008 by ScottyBhoy2k7]
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th May 08 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBhoy2k7
Get it Debadged mate and get a GSi spoiler ,Very clean car Looks like mine a bit but i have colour coded bumpers and a GSi spoiler that needs fitting

Dunno about debadging mate, I've been considering it, but for some reason I kind of like the badges on at the moment A bit like how I liked the grille until I got bored of it the other day

Might get a spoiler, they look pretty good How do they attach to the car?

Cheers for the comments, nobody likes a dirty motor

Do Corsa B's ever come with colour coded door handles? I think they might set it off a bit.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Scotty

9th May 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to debadge it fully but remove the 12v badge and move the Irmscher I up and then its smart as it doesnt draw it to the fact its a 1.0 You have a few ways you can fit the spoiler i think is either Drilling holes in the boot or tiger sealing it on (what i am going to do)
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th May 08 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good idea mate, I never thought of that

A couple of times I've overtaken people with Audi estates etc and kind of think that they can see they're being owned by a car with 3 cylinders

I'd rather tiger seal it tbh, so that it can be removed when I sell it if the buyer doesn't like it I'm only keeping this for a year then moving up to a C SRi.

Oh yeah, just remembered, I get paid next week so me and a mate are going to get tints

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Scotty

9th May 08 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they are really loud engines especially inside its really annoying tbh Tints will look good as long as they are just smoked ones they will look perfect
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th May 08 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I was thinking of a medium tint Then some Corsa Sport stickers on the outside

My mate has a black Astra coupe and I keep telling him to limo tint it because it will look amazing, but he doesn't think so. Meh, his car at the end of the day

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
mattyross

9th May 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep it going dave. maintain it well and keep it as clean as it is.
that's what i did and it works well
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th May 08 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

I'd like to keep in good condition because firstly I'd rather not drive round in a rustbucket and hopefully I can get a little bit more when I sell it, as it has really low miles, just coming up to 45k for a '99. I bought it at a good price because they wanted it gone quick because they needed the money

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
16V_1600

10th May 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks clean mate, however not a fan of the headlight eyebrows. As for the spoiler, you'll want it secured down better than just tiger seal!!

Get it bolted and bonded on there, last thing you want is it flying off the back of your car on the motorway etc!
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th May 08 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's true, that's be a bit disastrous

I have this random thing for liking eyebrows, don't really know why but I do. Seems not many other people do on here though

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
16V_1600

10th May 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater

I have this random thing for liking eyebrows, don't really know why but I do. Seems not many other people do on here though

Then that's all that matters mate, if we were all the same it would be a very boring place

[Edited on 10-05-2008 by 16V_1600]
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th May 08 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would indeed

Each to his own, eh.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
16V_1600

10th May 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
It would indeed

Each to his own, eh.

Exactly
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th May 08 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been meaning to post this for ages, just I moved the i badge down

Looks way better now.

A bit of a random thing to come up with, but this has shown up at a garage near me, unfortunately a year too early! http://www.peteroliver.co.uk/detail.aspx?ID=617

[Edited on 27-05-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Scotty

27th May 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate but get that 12v bit off asap
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Jul 08 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooh, haven't updated this in a while, sorry I forgot to reply to your post too mate!

Since my last post I've colour coded a pre-facelift boot lock surround (but it's slightly smaller than a facelift one, so there's a gap round the edge - didn't know the pre- ones were different )

And then bought some new mirrors (old ones were damaged) and sprayed them too. Didn't have time to take pics at home so had to wait until I got to my cousin's house in Devon. Tbh it's not the best paint job ever but it looks alright from the front and not too close

There's more pics in my garage, or just click my avatar for another one

(Plus I got to drive my cousin's V8 Discovery round the field on the right in the last pic Fun, that was.)

[Edited on 02-07-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
l15ter

3rd Jul 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean car mate, but eye brows and hub caps are not a good mix.did u paint the boot handle with a brush?you should have taken it off the car, sand it down and take the badge off then spray and put badge back on then handle back on boot, hope you used plastic primer as well or it start chipping off over time...but get some alloys
Corsa_Scotty

3rd Jul 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bad quality pic mate thats all, Looks good mate taking good shape Mines sold now so all the bits off it are for sale
l15ter

3rd Jul 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but you can see all the bumps that the plastic trim has, should so sanded them down..but you to agree the wheels are not a good look for the car,need changing
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jul 08 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
clean car mate, but eye brows and hub caps are not a good mix.did u paint the boot handle with a brush?you should have taken it off the car, sand it down and take the badge off then spray and put badge back on then handle back on boot, hope you used plastic primer as well or it start chipping off over time...but get some alloys
That isn't even the boot handle that came with the car, the original was scratched and nasty so I bought a new one. I plastic primered it, normal primered it, put about 6 layers of blue on then 5 or 6 layers of lacquer on. All with spray paint. I did sand it down first with a fine wet & dry paper, but it is meant to be textured so that's why it looks like that. I thought the paint might fill in the dips a bit but it didn't really, so there you go. Regarding the badge, it came off really easily and I cleaned it up, painted the background Black Sapphire (they had ran out of gloss black) and then stuck it back on after it was all painted.

I know the trims are nasty and I don't like them myself, but I don't know when I'm next going to get paid (start a new job Monday) so don't exactly have money to spare as it is, and I have a loan to pay etc which comes first.

I did a thread about my lock surround because I wasn't expecting a pre-facelift one, see here, there's loads of pics http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=433863.

All the pics here apart from the ones with the blue mirrors are taken on my phone, and my digital camera is old and 2MP (same as my phone) so it's just a bit clearer and easier to focus.

Also, would putting alloys on affect my insurance? I'm hoping that GM ones wouldn't make any difference, but I don't know. The plan for this car is to do only stuff that I don't have to tell the insurance about, because I'm only keeping it until I get 1 year's NCB.

And last but not least, as mentioned several times in this thread, I like the brows and that's my personal taste so if you don't like them then that's fine, but I do. If I had different headlights I would take them off, but I would have to tell the insurance then, so hence the brows.

[Edited on 03-07-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
l15ter

4th Jul 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends who your insurance is with, expect it to go up a bit or you could keep your steel wheel so if you did have to claim off your insurance you just simply swap the wheels over. as for GM wheels it depends on the insurance company, some wont cover them as they are still after market (werent put on when vehicle was in production) some insurances will pay out for the car is you had a crash but not for the damage of the wheels, they also wouldnt pay out for the colour coded wing mirrors because it doesnt meet the manufacture spec for this model...and 1 years NCB's are so over rated
Daveskater
Premium Member

4th Jul 08 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me mate, I was in a car crash a year and a half ago and there is no way you would have time to swap the wheels over, not unless it was light damage and you could drive home. But this one I was in, both cars were written off and taken away within the hour.

I suppose they probably wouldn't pay for the mirrors, but I sprayed them myself if that makes a difference Admittedly not the best paint job ever but oh well.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
l15ter

4th Jul 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alryt but at the end of the day if it was to be a serious crash like that i wouldnt even care about the car, it justa piece of metal that can be replaced.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Slow project for a slow car 24 database queries in 0.1873610 seconds