corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man United vs Liverpool - Build up and banter thread.

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man United vs Liverpool - Build up and banter thread.
Robbo

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Mar 08 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea to win nowski

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Marc

23rd Mar 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G

Our best player in the World Cup and has put in some fine displays since coming to United.
Robbo

23rd Mar 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Our best player in the World Cup and has put in some fine displays since coming to United.
Agreed
RioVerde

what was the score??
Marc

Boro 1-0 Derby.
John G

23rd Mar 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Boro 1-0 Derby.

Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
what was the score??

I love it, when your own team isnt winning its time to pretend to support someone else and ask what the score was.

Amazing post.
Joe

23rd Mar 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

who needs Mascharano when you have the mighty Carrick and Hargreaves

Carrick had a great game, UTD won the game in midfield. Was Gerrard there today?
strick206

23rd Mar 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from the game, will write what i think below, tbh i think i am being quite fair with what i am saying

Reina had a shocker, yes he made some good saves from three 1 on 1's but he had a shocker, and tbh, Rooney and Ronaldo are at fault for missing those chances imo.

I said after the Masch tackle on Scholes, he will be sent off today, and it was always going to happen, the way it did was only because of Ashley Cole in the week, and i didn't see what he said to the ref, so it's possibly a little harsh, but he did run across the pitch, i think it was Alonso trying to hold him back, shrugged him off and went over to the ref. He didn't really have any need to go over to the ref.

John, the yellow card was already in his hand as he had only just booked Torres, but i agree, he was possibly a bit quick to send him off, only because of the Cashley incident.

We had the better of the first half, made a couple of chances, and Reina wasn't comfortable at all.

Second half, we started off the better, but their was 10 mins in the game when Liverpool were clearly on top, and i am very suprised they didn't score, Rio's tackle on Torres was excellent and surely stopped him scoring. Which now brings me onto Torres.

He is a fantastic player, that's the first time i have seen him whilst at the stadium and he is excellent, we missed a very good player in him and should have signed him. We'd have been even better with him this season.

He didn't like playing against Vidic though imo, as he was quite physical in challenges and made a couple of good tackles on him.

Babel, he will be a good player, had a couple of glimpses of skill today, and he will be good next season, that game was a little much for him though today imo

Liverpool's defence wasn't like it usually is today, maybe because of Reina having a nightmare i'm not sure, maybe they aren't fully settled with the new defender which is understandable.

Nani is a fantastic finisher, he is better than Ronaldo, he converts many more of his shots to goals, and should have started imo.

I think we was always going to win after going 1-0 up, but the sending off confirmed it.

Liverpool to secure fourth and almost certainly be runners-up of the champs league at least.

I have to finish with this, Cosmo, would you have preferred foster in your goal today instead of Reina
strick206

23rd Mar 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking essay
Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I have to finish with this, Cosmo, would you have preferred foster in your goal today instead of Reina

Yeh :

Foster could of saved the two crosses but let in the 3 1 on 1's so would of been 4-0 instead
Aaron

23rd Mar 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fucking essay
Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Carrick had a great game, UTD won the game in midfield. Was Gerrard there today?

Not in midfield no.
strick206

23rd Mar 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Yeh :

Foster could of saved the two crosses but let in the 3 1 on 1's so would of been 4-0 instead

I thought you'd have more to say in reply tbh (to my post)
Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt a lot wrong with it.

I dont agree that you'd of still won before the sending off, as could of seen us grabbing a goal. But we'd never know now so no point mentioning it.
strick206

23rd Mar 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wasnt a lot wrong with it.

I dont agree that you'd of still won before the sending off, as could of seen us grabbing a goal. But we'd never know now so no point mentioning it.

You agree

That was just from the first half performance really before the sending off, we were much better imo
Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We started the game very well, which isnt really like us, but from about 10mins upto your goal you had most of the ball which I'd of expected with you being at home. And then after the sending off the game went more or less how 90% of people expected.
Robbo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Just got back from the game, will write what i think below, tbh i think i am being quite fair with what i am saying

Reina had a shocker, yes he made some good saves from three 1 on 1's but he had a shocker, and tbh, Rooney and Ronaldo are at fault for missing those chances imo.

I said after the Masch tackle on Scholes, he will be sent off today, and it was always going to happen, the way it did was only because of Ashley Cole in the week, and i didn't see what he said to the ref, so it's possibly a little harsh, but he did run across the pitch, i think it was Alonso trying to hold him back, shrugged him off and went over to the ref. He didn't really have any need to go over to the ref.

John, the yellow card was already in his hand as he had only just booked Torres, but i agree, he was possibly a bit quick to send him off, only because of the Cashley incident.

We had the better of the first half, made a couple of chances, and Reina wasn't comfortable at all.

Second half, we started off the better, but their was 10 mins in the game when Liverpool were clearly on top, and i am very suprised they didn't score, Rio's tackle on Torres was excellent and surely stopped him scoring. Which now brings me onto Torres.

He is a fantastic player, that's the first time i have seen him whilst at the stadium and he is excellent, we missed a very good player in him and should have signed him. We'd have been even better with him this season.

He didn't like playing against Vidic though imo, as he was quite physical in challenges and made a couple of good tackles on him.

Babel, he will be a good player, had a couple of glimpses of skill today, and he will be good next season, that game was a little much for him though today imo

Liverpool's defence wasn't like it usually is today, maybe because of Reina having a nightmare i'm not sure, maybe they aren't fully settled with the new defender which is understandable.

Nani is a fantastic finisher, he is better than Ronaldo, he converts many more of his shots to goals, and should have started imo.

I think we was always going to win after going 1-0 up, but the sending off confirmed it.

Liverpool to secure fourth and almost certainly be runners-up of the champs league at least.

Essay
Cosmo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fpmsl robbo
strick206

23rd Mar 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL Robbo, nice edit
Robbo

23rd Mar 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules

23rd Mar 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
what was the score??

I love it, when your own team isnt winning its time to pretend to support someone else and ask what the score was.

Amazing post.

What was the score?

And yes I fully expect a "we beat Inter" reply
Nath

23rd Mar 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said to my mate shortly after Mascherano's first booking that he'd get himself sent off. He was niggling all afternoon, all that adds up to another yellow as far as I'm concerned.
p

23rd Mar 08 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool, new they wouldn't do us a favour

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man United vs Liverpool - Build up and banter thread. 24 database queries in 0.1327581 seconds