corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newbie wanting to buy a corsa b

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author newbie wanting to buy a corsa b
antnee

User status: Offline
24th Feb 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=412111
chloe16v

24th Feb 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that stil for sale? he's been tryin to sell that for months, hasnt he?
lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys but next month im most proberbly getting the silver one from the salvage place cant wait
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<<< I started with my Corsa as a 1.2 8v Vegas. Still got it today

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what age was you when you got it? i cant wait to get mine its getting a full valet when it comes here
Paul_J

25th Feb 08 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine when I was 17 - while I was learning to drive... 1.2 16v.
lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I got mine when I was 17 - while I was learning to drive... 1.2 16v.

cool cant wait to get mine and start modding it but only little mods like rear lights headlights and ice
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C is looking good so far mate, keep up the good work.
Im not a member of corsa-c.co.uk Im afraid.

If it was me mate I would go and get a car, when I was in my late 15's I wanted a car so badly just to learn bits on and modify, so thats what I did.
Have had 3 Corsa's so far, and 2 before I was 17

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Corsa C is looking good so far mate, keep up the good work.
Im not a member of corsa-c.co.uk Im afraid.

If it was me mate I would go and get a car, when I was in my late 15's I wanted a car so badly just to learn bits on and modify, so thats what I did.
Have had 3 Corsa's so far, and 2 before I was 17
yup exactly and my mum is getting fed up with me doing stuff to the c so she said ile buy you a b lol cant go wrong really and you lot seem much nicer then the corsa-c lot
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough mate, if shes happy buying you one, go for it.
At least you will have alot of time to fix it, mess with it and learn some stuff on it.
You going to keep it and learn to drive in this one?

lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough mate, if shes happy buying you one, go for it.
At least you will have alot of time to fix it, mess with it and learn some stuff on it.
You going to keep it and learn to drive in this one?
ye why not lol ile build it up in the meen time like how im wanting it can wait
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, the white one seems a good buy for £375, and with the spare cash you have you can put that towards the car.
If I had it, I would repair the damage etc. along with a service and learn how to service the car, change the brakes and get it back upto scratch.

Would you get the VUIC test and MOT done asap or would you wait until you where nearer 17?

lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yea, the white one seems a good buy for £375, and with the spare cash you have you can put that towards the car.
If I had it, I would repair the damage etc. along with a service and learn how to service the car, change the brakes and get it back upto scratch.

Would you get the VUIC test and MOT done asap or would you wait until you where nearer 17?
well my dads a mecanic so hes sorting it all out for me for free but needs a good clean
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal, get him to teach you most of the work and get invloved so you learn from it.

Enjoy cleaning it aswell, get the paint work back upto scratch.

Then start saving the pennies so you can buy some goodies for it

Have a look on this site at some White Corsa's to get some idea's, theres some really nice one's about.

lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ideal, get him to teach you most of the work and get invloved so you learn from it.

Enjoy cleaning it aswell, get the paint work back upto scratch.

Then start saving the pennies so you can buy some goodies for it

Have a look on this site at some White Corsa's to get some idea's, theres some really nice one's about.

well my birthday isnt until april but my mum is buying me it at the end of this month but need that problem sorted first but as soon as it gets here cleaning gear our and autoglym products out lol and im going to steam clean the interior get it all fresh and as seen as its off the road it will have some show plates on cant wait so only a week or so
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with it mate, when I had my first Corsa I made a big list of parts I wanted and made loads of plans, worked out well and have done it with all 3 of my Corsa's, plans are always changing though so it keeps you busy.

Let us know if you do get the Corsa

lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do do you think it will be there by the end of the week ?
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lew corsa life
will do do you think it will be there by the end of the week ?

can't say mate, salvage has always been easy to tell at my local one.

Normally Corsa B's get sold straight away as they are so cheap at my local one, but if they are cheap and there longer than a week theres normally something wrong with them thats not shown, like the damage is worse than shown, or the engines knackered or the gearbox is knackered.

So make sure you check all those things before you buy it mate, Because it has theft damage I would check the engine as it may have been raqged by whoever stole it.
As your dads a mechanic he should be able to spot any problems straight off.

Timbaland
Banned

25th Feb 08 at 04:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all, I have alot of respect for you. Wanting a car to pass your time on instead of smashing peoples cars up, Running riots in the street and being a general dickhead. Why cant more kids be like you?

Anyway, I got my Corsa B (Sold now) for £550. It was a Gunmetal grey P Plate Vegas and it came with 16" Mille Milgia alloys, Full exhaust system and was lowered 40mm. For the money i paid for it, I got a good deal. So there are bargains to be had, Just dont rush into it.

These were for sale, But seeing as your doing it on a budget and i like your attitude, I have a Combat 2 front bumper and side skirts, Might not be the type of thing your into but you can have them for nothing if you want them.

They look like this:

I bought my Mini before i put them on my Corsa so never got round to it, But would have, regardless of what the chumps on here think, lol.

Anyway, Stick around, There are good guys on here and its a friendly place, Good for info and even a laugh.

All the best finding your first car pal.

John

(Fuck, Thats the nicest iv been on here in a while)

chloe16v

25th Feb 08 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know
lew corsa life

25th Feb 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
First of all, I have alot of respect for you. Wanting a car to pass your time on instead of smashing peoples cars up, Running riots in the street and being a general dickhead. Why cant more kids be like you?

Anyway, I got my Corsa B (Sold now) for £550. It was a Gunmetal grey P Plate Vegas and it came with 16" Mille Milgia alloys, Full exhaust system and was lowered 40mm. For the money i paid for it, I got a good deal. So there are bargains to be had, Just dont rush into it.

These were for sale, But seeing as your doing it on a budget and i like your attitude, I have a Combat 2 front bumper and side skirts, Might not be the type of thing your into but you can have them for nothing if you want them.

They look like this:

I bought my Mini before i put them on my Corsa so never got round to it, But would have, regardless of what the chumps on here think, lol.

Anyway, Stick around, There are good guys on here and its a friendly place, Good for info and even a laugh.

All the best finding your first car pal.

John

thanks mate i would have them but im abit far away but thatnks for all the posertiveness and people supporting me in what im doing
andys sxi
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my first corsa when i was 16

as people have said no point rushin in to gettin the first car u c u have got plenty of time also dont 4 get about insurance and what mods u do to it when u do pass ur test cus i have had loads of trouble with insurance

April 08 feature car
Coakley-16

25th Feb 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personaly mate, save up about £800 then start looking. And when you have got your 1st car don't spend loads doing it up! Because you will be screwing when the car fucks up! Save £800 then get a car and teach yourself. When you got the car save up for an intense course or and money incase anything goes wrong with the car its self.
Coakley-16

25th Feb 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the insureance will be atealst £1,500 on a full licence. And about £800 with no mods! As soon as you have about 4-5mods your car insureance goes up by £600! Near nuff! I'm 17 and look and i've just realised all this.
Coakley-16

25th Feb 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what i got for £720... Bucket seats, lowered, pearlesent white! Excellent condition, 15in alloys, spolier, 4in exchuast, air induction kit!

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Coakley-16]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newbie wanting to buy a corsa b 23 database queries in 0.0183971 seconds