corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Purple Nurple - Sold :(

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Purple Nurple - Sold :(
mantamark

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud, i'll get there, just hope its sorted before billing.
mantamark

12th Sep 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it didnt get sorted, still isnt sorted.

Box has been refurbed, but isnt refitted yet, getting billet flywheel & paddle clutch while its off.

Also getting some adjustable top mounts to help with angles, not sure it will make much difference, but every bit helps.

Nearly there. Nearly.
flybikeslee

12th Sep 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front end looks spot on
mantamark

12th Sep 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, but whats wrong with the rest of it

Nah, i'm happier with the airdam on, smooth was nice, but much prefer it now.
flybikeslee

12th Sep 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo the rear lights look a bit wierd and the wheels look small
DaveyLC

13th Sep 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mix up some red solid with clear coat and tint the top half of the lights red
mantamark

13th Sep 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just go back to standard lights, these smoked ones just dont seem smoked enough.

And don't fancy spending what i think a daft amount on mhw or irmcher lights.

Think the wheels look small, as unlike other wheels of similar style (casero & comp mo) the spokes tuck tightly into the rim. See below...

[Edited on 13-09-2009 by mantamark]
mantamark

13th Sep 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got the box back, apparently, the "mint" box i bought must have been sitting outside for some time, and has had water inside it, creating some problems, also messing the oil up, creating further problems, had to replace a few bits inside. So its cost £150 for a refurb, but i'm hoping its worth it.
mantamark

11th Oct 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday, Crank seal, alloy flywheel, 5 paddle omp clutch, box on. Manifold wrapped and on. Back on its wheels.

Today...

Welllllllllllllllllll, it moved!

Swapped the rad over, and did a few other bits, mince mince mince, then pulled it out, and nearly killed myself with that stupid 5 plate clutch, no springs, its just on, or off. great when driving, cack when trying to pull away.

Box is frickin awsome, sooo smooth, love it.

So, went for a lap of Blyth, then went back to the garage to check fluids & nothing had fallen off.

All good.

Went up the links road to the roundabout nr astley arms & came back, only a tiny puff of smoke, which i'm now 100% sure is the residue in the exhaust from the smoker it came off. Sure the rest of the smoke was the crank seal, and possibly the box after what Barry told me, basically, i gave him two boxes, and he made one good one, all thats original from my original box is the casing, new bearings, seals, and so on.

Going up the links there was a red accord type r behind me, now im sure he wasnt flat out, but he didnt overtake me till i started braking at 60(ish, add 30 to that probably), let him fly past then sauntered up the road, turned around & came back at pace, sounds horrible & raspy, but i dont care really, it goes, and feels nice, few rattles off the harnesses and other bits, but, all in all, a good mission out.

Still have the problem with the afm constantly drawing power & heating up, should be switched from the ecu, so not sure whats going on, going to get some wiring diagrams and see if everything is ok. worst case scenario, i need a new loom & ecu.

So, realisticly, i can use the car, just needs the battery disconnected after each use, tbh i could just whap a cutoff switch in, but i'd rather sort the problem out.

Got some pics, but tbh, they are just the same as the last ones, i didnt stop when i was out, so more pics at side of garage. it did go out though, and when i renew the insurance they will be shocked that i have done a massive 18 miles this year!!
mantamark

11th Oct 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appologies about the processing, i fucked up with the settings on the camera, didnt realise until i downloaded them, tried to recover them best i could.

M055360

12th Oct 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Mix up some red solid with clear coat and tint the top half of the lights red

agreed did sumin similar with mine as i have the same lights looks much better

mantamark

16th Oct 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look too bad like, may just whap some standard lights in though.
Charlton

16th Oct 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks spot on mate
mantamark

23rd Oct 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella, looking to get the wiring issue sorted either sunday or monday & go for a run out & get the tracking sorted, then get some decent pics.
Charlton

23rd Oct 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the meet, remember your Mr camera man
mantamark

23rd Oct 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats next weekend isnt it?

I need to get a few local miles on it before i go swanning around the north east.

I broke into a sweat when i went past the roundabout which was the previous furthest point travelled, proper worried lol!

Fingers crossed when the wiring is sorted then it runs as well hot as when cold and it stops killing the battery!
Charlton

23rd Oct 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah next weekend mate hopefuly you have no problems
mantamark

24th Oct 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to try and get down tomorrow and have a crack at the wiring, then can spend monday getting tracking sorted & seeing if there are any other teething issues.
mantamark

26th Oct 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wiring sorted! Just giving it a polish now then a run out methinks.
mantamark

26th Oct 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polishing took far too long as i used some pap auto glym stuff that left loads of white residue everywhere.

Then went for a drive, got the tracking done, by the time they could fit me in it was getting on, so had to mission back so i could get the car into the garage before my dad locked up, alas no pictures! was in a hurry and was getting dark, boo.

Next thing to do, jack it up and check all the nuts & bolts, fluids and so on, then take it out again, got the north east meet on sunday, so need to have it ready for that!
mantamark

30th Oct 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, turned up today, jacked her up to check everything was still tight, and connected, made a few small adjustments, nothing much though.

Then went out for a run, was quite enjoying myself, but i was only doing around 60 on a 70 limit road

Was a bit aprehensive about kicking its head in after it being in so many bits, but gave it a bit more of a push later on, sounds like a wasps nest in my back box

But goes quite well.

Had a bit of an issue with the idle, the odd time i'd come to stop and the revs would drop down and it would try to stall.

Driveable though.

Almost.

That fugging 5 paddle clutch is a right pain in the arse, i would not reccomend them to anyone who plans on using it on the road at all! its on, or off, no give at all. probs due to having no springs in the clutch? anyways, its a right twat, but it feels good when driving.

Stopped for some pics! Think these are the only pics not outside the garage for 2 years!!!!

mantamark

31st Oct 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new driveshaft oil seal, but the shaft just plain refused to come out of the box, confused.com

Very miffed, so leaving it with my dad next week, hope he sorts it, before he breaks it.

Started drilling new heatshield, only needs 3 holes, 5min job?

Try 3 hours, went through 8 snap on drillbits, all wrecked, got the holes drilled though
mantamark

15th Nov 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got these in the post the other day...

Thanks Davieslim!

Will get them on next weekend.
johnhara1

16th Nov 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those pics taken at Plessy Woods mate.

mantamark

16th Nov 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Couldnt think of anywhere to go and was passing.

Got a problem, the new driveshaft oil seal is leaking, and i cant budge the shaft, its like its bolted into the box! I get like 1mm of movement.

Any ideas?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Purple Nurple - Sold :( 23 database queries in 0.2016451 seconds