corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Track Instruction

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track Instruction
AK

User status: Offline
12th Feb 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people here have taken up offers of track tuition whilst on/at a trackday?

I have the option to book one or several for the Knockhill trackday on the 22nd. Booking several isnt really an option for this one as the costs were'nt factored in for it. If i take 36 bookings i'll pay for one as the day will be in profit.

I will prob add the cost of one or two instructors to the 'budget' for the next session when decings prices.

Would you use a 'free' instuctor? Would you moan about paying a couple £ more per trackday to have the option of shared instructor / tuition?
Whittie

12th Feb 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend had one in his RS round the ring.

I think if you've not been round a track before / don't know the track it's worth paying X amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ua8YoWtyc8

And one taking the mick.. saying about his new satnav

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgu21oSohP8
Paul_J

12th Feb 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
My friend had one in his RS round the ring.

I think if you've not been round a track before / don't know the track it's worth paying X amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ua8YoWtyc8

Was that an 'instructor' ?

Was the instructor holding the camera? despite it being against nurburg's policies... Also didn't sound much of instructor 'Nail it'

He also tells him 'Got that nasty hair pin in a sec' ... when it's miles away, he's got about 10 corners before he reaches it...

You sure this wasn't just 'his mate' sitting in the passenger seat telling him what was coming up? He also calls another driver a 'cunt' as he's 'instructing'

[Edited on 12-02-2008 by Paul_J]
Whittie

12th Feb 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't work for the ring, but i was just wanting to show that if you don't know a track it's worth it.
Paul_J

12th Feb 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. I've never had a qualified proper track instructor, but I've been at days where they've been available and the people who use them really value what they have to say.

The majority of circuits have qualified instructors, who give useful advice, as well as give the basics of track driving, like what the Stig tells the celebs who go to do a lap of the top gear circuit.

Basics like where to break, where to be on track, when to turn in etc.

Be worth it if your organising a track day for beginners AK, as some people may really benefit from it.
Paul_J

12th Feb 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
He didn't work for the ring, but i was just wanting to show that if you don't know a track it's worth it.

The guy driving completely ignored him most of the time... 'FLAT OUT!' - and you hear the guy driving coming completely off the throttle.

Also the 'instructor' was telling him to do dumb things like brake mid bend, lift off and brake at the bottom of the fox hole on the corner as all your suspension would compress ... if it had been damp / wet and he'd of done that down there the back end would've been getting very light.

I just don't think your vid demonstrates at all what getting real track tuition is about. It's not about having your mate cheering you on in your passenger seat, it's about driving smoothly, consistantly and learning the basics before trying to go 'FLAT OUT'.

This is what an instructor should be, calm, cool, clear instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUSQ45SwjkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSVECywGCFg

Cole

12th Feb 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember when we had the brands trackday last yr and corb had the instructor with for a few laps i know for fact i would on my 1st outing at a track so i would feel safer in myself when driving at pace
smcGSI16V

12th Feb 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got free tuition at my last track day at Colerne with MSE and I decided to let the mrs use it. She found it very informative a confidence inspiring and her driving improved greatly in her next session.
She had never been to a track day before so for a novice I think track tuition in invaluable.
AK

13th Feb 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye....

I think i'll book an ARDS instructor (£117.50) for the afternoon.

I'll prob open up another slot to fully cover the cost as it stands I'd be out of pocket doing it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Track Instruction 22 database queries in 0.0125289 seconds