corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » idle control valve for x14sz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author idle control valve for x14sz
corsa-ed

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, would anyone know how to test for a knackered idle control valve on a corsa 1.4 ls hi torq, i think its the idle control valve but not too sure, i have been told i could test it with a multimeter but dont know what to look for and which pins to put it in on the connector plug, thanks guys
Will94

2nd Feb 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing its not idling very well? Has the EML come on at all?
corsa-ed

2nd Feb 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car when cold cuts out a hell of alot when cold and works better but really underpowered when moving from traffic lights or junctions, also doesnt pick up as well as it used to through the gears and struggles up hills, dont know about egr valve either because dont know where it is on my car, but have been told to test it, any advice would be grateful thanks
corsa-ed

2nd Feb 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the engine management light isnt on, have had it on the diagnostic computer we have at college and it didnt pick anything up
i havent got a clue what it could be
Will94

3rd Feb 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd suspect the EGR valve or the coolant temp. sensor... althought a number of sensors could cause the symtoms you're getting these 2 are common causes. the EGR's coke up and pistons seize giving the ECU funky readings, and the coolant temp sensor gives off false readings both making the ECU adjust the ignition timing and fuelling at the wrong time.
Only real way to check is to change them tho and EGRs aint cheap new, how many miles has ur car done?
corsa-ed

3rd Feb 08 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

104,900 miles, dont know were the egr valve is for my engine, is the coolant temperature sensor a sensor which is with the thermostat and thermostat housing.
corsa-ed

3rd Feb 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would anyone be able to help me with this problem, would anyone were i could find the egr valve under the bonnet on my car, i know were the icv is and cleaned it today but the problem still persists, what would be the best things to use to clean the idle control valve, thanks

New Poll