corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Council tennate?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Council tennate?
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   30th Jan 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put our names down a week or 2 back...not expecting anything for atleast 2/3 months minimum...we are being pests already though as havent received a letter or nout yet...

As me and the missus wasnt got a chance in hell of a mortgage and not really sure i fancy the repayments...i decided we would try the council housing idea...applied in an area between the 2 parents houses and not far from either workplace worth a try...without having a child on the way?

anyone else on ta council?hey house day goers!
Ally

30th Jan 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went on the list, after a year i didnt get anything

ended up buying on my own!
p4uls corsa

30th Jan 08 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was a council tenant for 6 years, it was a lot easier then than what it is these days, i dont know how the councils work where you are, but where i am you have to bid for your houses and the person with more needs get the house.

the quickest way to get a house from them is to declare yourself homeless.

if you have a roof over your heads, and you have no kids, expect at least a 12-18 months wait.

[Edited on 30-01-2008 by p4uls corsa]
WATSON

31st Jan 08 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck buddy you will need it You will be lucky to get a house this year from them its a bloody joke, I have been on the list since i was 17 and i'm now just about to turn 20

I just went for the dear option and looked for private let.
baz2003uk

31st Jan 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been on the list since my first was born 3 years ago in April my youngest is now 13 months old
and we lived with the inlaws council didnt give a toss only just been offered a brand new 2 bed house tho so not bad after 3 years
GT4Brody

31st Jan 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless your an immigrant or of "non white origin" and have about 10 kids and no job...you dont have a chance im afrid, the system is a joke, its easy for the scum to get houses, decent hard working people have to get a mortgage and pay through the nose for it *rant over*
AndyKent

31st Jan 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, there are more important people than a 17 year old to give council houses to. Just because you don't earn enough for a mortgage, doesn't mean you deserve a place - you're young and will likely be on a much better wage in a few years.

quote:
Originally posted by GT4Brody
Unless your an immigrant or of "non white origin" and have about 10 kids and no job...you dont have a chance im afrid, the system is a joke, its easy for the scum to get houses, decent hard working people have to get a mortgage and pay through the nose for it *rant over*

Not exactly paying through the nose is it though, just what 99% of us have to do. Its not like the council tenants are getting themselves anywhere either, not putting money towards a mortgage - earning themselves equity.

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by aPk]
swedge

3rd Feb 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go down with a polish accent and a needle sticking out ure arm,

well thats who all get houses up here
linz

3rd Feb 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a flat with my job and when the company got took over they kicked me out my flat, i had furnised it myself. I went to the council and asked for some help as i was going to be homeless in a week! They said i am not 'homeless' it doesnt matter that i didnt have a home, i am just not homless as i dont have kids, i dont have a disabilty, i am not a migrant etc etc (these are actual real reasons they give u!!!)

This was 7 months ago and i still havent heard anything, as far as they are aware i am on a street with all my furniture. Useless!
corsa_rob

6th Feb 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im not 17 lol...im almost 23 and really dont have enough income to rent or get a mortgage...forms come back and sending it back now actually...needed more info or summat :S all ive got is to hope...i wont find my wages going up by much anytime soon either. See what happens though...country's pretty fucked up tbh...oh well just live at one of the rents' houses for another 3 years
AndyKent

6th Feb 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
well im not 17 lol...im almost 23 and really dont have enough income to rent or get a mortgage...forms come back and sending it back now actually...needed more info or summat :S all ive got is to hope...i wont find my wages going up by much anytime soon either. See what happens though...country's pretty fucked up tbh...oh well just live at one of the rents' houses for another 3 years

Wasn't referring to you mate, meant Watson....
daz 16v

7th Feb 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been on the list just over a month and been offered viewings on 4 houses next week
nova_gteuk

7th Feb 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daz 16v
been on the list just over a month and been offered viewings on 4 houses next week

How the fuck?

I been on the list since i was 18 im 25 in a few months i dont even get offers,just a letter each year asking if i want to stay on the list
daz 16v

7th Feb 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

girlfriend is living with me and is due in 2 months but now means we have 7 people living in a 3 bed house so we moved to top of the list
chloe16v

10th Feb 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was pregnant with nowhere to live n it took the council 2 1/2 years to find me a house, by that time i had got another baby, but dont always take the first house you see just coz you need sumwhere thats what i did and as soon as i moved in i got all my windows smashed, this happened for 3 years till they moved me again
paul.mitchell1984

12th Feb 08 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went on the list when i was 18 for a flat/house in my area, had 1 viewing after 6 mionths which was a dive and had needles not far from it so i turned it down they havnt been in touch since....im 24 in june
corsa_rob

17th Mar 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well been on list for a while now...2 bedroom houses coming up and gud flats too...been "bidding"...but hearing nothing back from them, now have a loft full of stuff..."ready to move out with", not sure when the day will come but booking holiday, and started things with the corsa for now hoping for a nice 2 bedroom whether flat or house anyhow *fingers crossed* lol

New Poll