corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Oh the stress of buying our 1st property has begun

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh the stress of buying our 1st property has begun
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 08 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus im stressed out already, and its only 4th after offer being accepted!

Just recived all the paper work from solicitors and halifax.

On the phone i agreed a 30yr mortgage, its come through as 25yr

The solicitors fees are listed at alot more than agreed with the halifax (using there own solicitor as was cheaper)

They also told me solicitor fees would be added to mortgage for us, yet they havent

OMFG its doing my brain in, now waiting for halifax to get back to me. Amazingly there no where near as fast as they were when they wanted my custom!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Lisa

18th Jan 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't worry it will all come together

buying a house never goes smoothly but always sorts itself out in the end
Ally

18th Jan 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
buying a house never goes smoothly but always sorts itself out in the end

Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just so stressing me out. They told me all this stuff on phone, now its written down its all wrong, im gonna have to pay more than expected, which is going to be a struggle now

Lisa

18th Jan 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you won't have to pay more they will sort it, and you will be able to add solicitors fees if thats what they said

don't worry it took me form march to nov to sort mine as house was being built and there was still stuff got confusing at the end
Ally

18th Jan 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not point in getting stressed Dan, all you can do is wait/ring around etc

Once you are in your place (which probably seems a million miles away) it will all be worth it - trust!
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it hopefully will. we are both so excited, but its getting to me already. Think i may not use the halifax solicitors and use my parents solicitors if i have to pay it seperatly, like i think im going to have to

Dean_W

18th Jan 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me laff when I read stuff like this.

Mine went all smooth, no problems and worked out fine.

Both times....
Ally

18th Jan 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get out Dean

TAXI!

whitter45

18th Jan 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tend to agree my went very smoothly

Although it depends who you go with

Halifax are arseholes never liked them and wouyld never lend off them

You are always better going with a solicitor who has been reccomended

They are not always the cheapest but with have your interest at heart

My bank offered me a soliciotr that was about 300 notes cheaper than the one I went with
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

panic over. solicitor fees are extra, i mis understood. 850ish for all fees with them.

My mum just paid over 1k for a local solicitor on a free hold mortgage, which i have to pay an extra 150 fee for to make contract up for the lease.

There was an error when they input the finalised details and its reverted back to 25yrs, i just had call back, and they have straight away emailed me the new letter (and posted it) to show me the facts/figures for 30 years.

Mortgage is 705 then 115 for full contents, bulidngs, mortgage repayment, critical illness, life cover, and emergency house repair cover

Robbo

18th Jan 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait until you try sorting out "trivial" things liek Sky etc. That'll gte your blood boiling
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its already boiling lol. nah im calm again now. should go pretty well really, both no chains.

Best thing so far has been the fact we got the place including all the furniture and appliances, including washing machine, oven, fridge, microwave, bed, 2 sofas and some other bits and bobs

RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be careful using the lenders law firms. I ended up sacking mine - I kept being told things were moving on smoothly for the first 4 weeks. Then Britannia got in touch to say that they hadn't heard off the solicitors - I phoned them immediately, bearing in mind that 4/5 weeks had passed since acceptance to be told that they hadn't a file for us and no work had started; then turned around and asked for more money to complete the job quicker

Got new, independent firm on the go, who ended up cheaper and were all wrapped up in 2 weeks
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, this firm seems quite good, they have sent out all forms i need to fill in got them in 24hrs!

They also have an online tracker, so i can check up on thing daily or hourly etc lol.

They also have fixed fees so i know exactly now what ill pay wether they send 600 letters or just 1

RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was fixed fee, and I received and sent back all documents within 48hours although no online tracker.

Our house had never been registered wih the land registry s we did get stung an extra £50 with that - if you read the small print, they can probably up the price to cover unexpected increases.

You should be okay though
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so. With us both being chain free, should speed the process up, and mean less hassle, but im never so lucky lol.

making the few 1st mortgage payments is going to be hard, but we can do it, and once few months are out the way, we should be just fine. we earn 3 x our mortgage take home, so even if all bills = 850 a month, we should still have somewhere in region of 500 left a month. i hope lol

Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bills meaning ontop of our mortgage btw

whitter45

18th Jan 08 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why get a 30 year mortgage and get crictical illness
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was chain free up and down only takes one spanner in the works to slow it down; took 14/16 weeks to complete iirc
MikeE

18th Jan 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im waiting for my mortgage to be acepted, should know next thursday
Dan
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 year mortgage because were only 21, and could do with the payemnts being a bit lower atm, it will be getting changed in 3 years.

Critical illness is very little per month so gone for that to.

MikeE

19th Jan 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what we are to do as we are also both 21
Colin

19th Jan 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get stressed everything will fall into place..probably with minutes to go on the last day. I think its just how they do things in this industry!!
stubbsy05

24th Jan 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan, if the flat you are buying is leasehold, I believe you wont need buildings insurance as the freeholder usually obtains this and it gets paid for out of your service charge.

When I have a leasehold flat, I just got contents over which was £4 a month for contents up £16K!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll