corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 16v wont run

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 16v wont run
jimmymc

User status: Offline
   10th Jan 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ive just got a 2.0 16v redtop corsa but it wont run in fact it wont even start till i disconnect the afm and the water temp switch. then it will only run on high revs and wont idle? anyone any idas as to what could cause this?
cheers jimmymc
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it run before mate?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
boz_gsi

11th Jan 08 at 04:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try new afm n cts?? is it coil pack or dizzy type??
jimmymc

11th Jan 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it apparently ran before but i cant guarantee it. its a dizzy type i think il try a new afm and cts and see how i get on from there. thanks for the help guys nice one. il let you know how i get on.
cheers jimmymc
DYL

11th Jan 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could this be the same as a 1.4 16v? I had this problem with me 1.4....well with it going to high revs and no idel...the inlet manifold wasnt on properly ....there was too much suction
jimmymc

11th Jan 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be that il check it out but im getting little bits of info on the car. as it sits now the ignition is "hotwired" for want of a better word . apparently the car ran fine until the previous owner lost the key. they hav butchered the ignition and wired three wires together which gives ignition and then a fourth wire touched to the three others turns the starter. now rough as that sounds it does work and with the afi and cts disconnected it will fire up running rough -ish but not idleing. i just wonder if the crude "hotwireing" is causing the problem? dont know how possible that is but im just trying to give you as much info as i can and see if i can get this car running!
cheers jimmymc
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Jan 08 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU light come up on the dash?!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jimmymc

11th Jan 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no light on the dash no? which i find strange? on the ecu can someone tell me which number or type it should be as im not exactly confident in the work thats been done on this car and i can rule another thing out until i get the afi and cts changed
cheers jimmymc

New Poll