corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Door won't unlock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Door won't unlock
Graham88

User status: Offline
28th Dec 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted de-locked handles today. Thought it was going too well to be true and in true Corsa fashion something went wrong

It's all fitted and everything, but on the passenger side the door won't open. It's not a problem with the lock, it's the little thing that you lock and unlock the doors with (not sure on exact name). It doesn't lock or unlock when you pull it up or down. When you do the other side if just shakes a bit but makes no definite movement. You can open the door from the inside if you pull it up then open the door. Anyone got any ideas as I couldn't see anything and I didn't even touch that part

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by Graham88]
Graham88

29th Dec 07 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

29th Dec 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody know?
ad-sport

29th Dec 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all the rods conected to the lock mechanism? think there should beinner handle rod outer handle rod and rod from the door pin iirc. also are they all in the right location cos if you can open from inside but not out and the door pin doesnt do much, could they be mixed up??
Graham88

29th Dec 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is it's not that easy to see because of the door etc. But all I did was take the lock off the handle, and attach the new handle. I didn't touch the rod that locks the car?
Graham88

30th Dec 07 at 03:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now unlocks it every now and again
ad-sport

30th Dec 07 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wonder if you have unsettled the plug on the lock? seems strange that its only started since fitting handles, also strange that its intermitant
T21SVJ

30th Dec 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my passenger 1 did this also, it was 1 of the little rods which was getting jamed not unlocking the doors, took me 2 days to figure out but removed it and everything was fine.

theres the rod which conects to open the door, then 1 which connected to the door key lock thats the 1 you will have to remove. abit fidly but jst pull it off

New Poll