corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help snapped bolts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help snapped bolts
dale87

User status: Offline
21st Dec 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm rebuilding my c20xe and I got right to up putting the sump back on and one of the bolts has snapped clean off, flush with the block. What do I do? Also one other bolts is just loose, turning free? Any Ideas?
flybikeslee

21st Dec 07 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tap and die set
dale87

21st Dec 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any links to any good kits? And is this guaranteed to work? If so is there any1 I can pay to come to my house to do it.??
flybikeslee

21st Dec 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've only ever used equipment in uni so can't help on that front.... it basically threads the bolt the opposite way so it screws out always worked for me
Richardhhha

21st Dec 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ones stripped its thread, so it will ned heli coiling.

the snapped bolt will need a very very steady hand and a nice sharp drill bit.. drill the center of the bolt then use the opropriate easy out.
dale87

22nd Dec 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i've bought a tap to try and get the snapped stud out I'm going to give it a try in a bit.

The threaded one will be harder, can I take the block to an engineers to be helicoiled as I don't realy want to mess it up. Also please dont say i've got to strip the block down again.

New Poll