corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b 4x4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b 4x4
corsascott

User status: Offline
14th Dec 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by phil_sutton
We built one, razzed it round with no doors donnuting, broken the clutch, sold the engine an box an now it sits outside the unit like it has done for over a year.

It was fun but if your doing it dont use vauxhall 4x4 stuff as its pants. You end up putting about 200kg if not more into the car to do it an then its just really over weight. A standard let would own one over the 1/4 mile an track unless you splashed out some expensive transfer box's or running gear.

Oh also ours was a floor off a minty mint calibra turbo that I cut up.

thats what im talking about phil is showing support here if you have pics of your 4wd you should post them to this guy

[Edited on 14-12-2007 by phil_sutton]
phil_sutton

14th Dec 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to prove a point

Too many people chat shit about how easy it is an how they are going to build one and then bitch out when they realise they might actually have to learn to weld as opposed to just using self tappers.
Rob_Lee
Banned

14th Dec 07 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yours Phil?
corsascott

14th Dec 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on phil

top guy
phil_sutton

14th Dec 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its JNC's really, was one of them "its 5pm friday evening, we having nothing to do all weekend and some scrap cars to play with" weekends.

Pretty much banged it together over the weekend. (with that et up anyway)
Rob_Lee
Banned

14th Dec 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work well?
phil_sutton

14th Dec 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after we welded the rear diff yes , on the standard vauxhall system it was utter shit an sat spinning one wheel.
BeArDy

14th Dec 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one half done, all the back end has been welded in etc.
there are a few problems but nothing somone who is good at metal fab can not sort out.
We used 4x4 system from Calibra Turbo.
Increased front track with of corsa so that it is the same as the calibras. (as using calibra driveshafts all round) as we have a BAT kit on the shell
Removed steering rack & refitted 30mm higher up bulkhead so as to clear transferbox. Still very tight though.
Fabricated new lower crossmember to accept rear gearbox mount.

Rear- cut original corsa floor pan out to behind front seats. Weld in Calibra floor pan to mount original calibra independant rear suspension & diff. Petrol tank fabricated in boot.

Prop shaft shortened by 180mm. (taken from the the third section of the shaft at the rear diff end).

there was a lad on here from Durham way who was half way threw is when we started so got alot of advice from him.

the build has stopped on are for the past 2 years as the lad who owns the car for got married and bought a house.

I would say knowing what i know now, i wish we could start again and use a good 4x4 system as the vauxhall one isent the best.
ShEp

14th Dec 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blair can weld quite well actually

And im sure he know's it wouldnt be no weekend project, he's a perfectionist, he took a couple of weeks to get the redtop in running, as it HAD to be perfect,

If he took the job on, and im sure its a big IF i reckon he'd do it right
M2RTY

14th Dec 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
I have one half done, all the back end has been welded in etc.
there are a few problems but nothing somone who is good at metal fab can not sort out.
We used 4x4 system from Calibra Turbo.
Increased front track with of corsa so that it is the same as the calibras. (as using calibra driveshafts all round) as we have a BAT kit on the shell
Removed steering rack & refitted 30mm higher up bulkhead so as to clear transferbox. Still very tight though.
Fabricated new lower crossmember to accept rear gearbox mount.

Rear- cut original corsa floor pan out to behind front seats. Weld in Calibra floor pan to mount original calibra independant rear suspension & diff. Petrol tank fabricated in boot.

Prop shaft shortened by 180mm. (taken from the the third section of the shaft at the rear diff end).

there was a lad on here from Durham way who was half way threw is when we started so got alot of advice from him.

the build has stopped on are for the past 2 years as the lad who owns the car for got married and bought a house.

I would say knowing what i know now, i wish we could start again and use a good 4x4 system as the vauxhall one isent the best.

4x4Chris

Bought a gsi kit off him yearssss ago

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b 4x4 22 database queries in 0.0097740 seconds