corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central Locking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central Locking
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
28th Nov 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

When i got my doors a few weeks back they had central locking etc already in them.

I knew which wires were the central locking but iv read you need a central locking ecu? Is this true? Also would it be a case of wiring each side to ecu and putting live and earth in?

Thanks
Limecat
Banned

28th Nov 07 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best to unscrew the loom casing for the door, its a circular bit in the door shut. Pull it off and count the pins.
Simon_16v

29th Nov 07 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has 19. The car i got the loom off had central locking
Simon_16v

29th Nov 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
V-Man

29th Nov 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably not good me helping you on central locking as i fucked mine sideways ,but yes youll need an ecu, find out what all the pins do / what colour wires you got and where they go on the ecu, which has got a connection plug to the pins on it, so youll have to get all your wires in the door to connect to the little connection plug that plugs into the locking ecu(you know the ones that just connect and dissconnect from eachother)
Simon_16v

29th Nov 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright then. Il have to ask mark if he'll post it to me and il try wire it up.

Will it have deadlocks?
V-Man

29th Nov 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know, if you have the little microswitch in the door, then the doors can be deadlocked but it'll need to be wired in too and you need the car wiring loom etc to handle that? my deadlocks activate the standard protection system too etc. the actual door locking solenoids i think only use 3 wires to unlock and lock, the deadlock microswitch has 3 wires to enable the dealocks too.
i think youll have to wire the central locking ecu into to the car, which i dont know if its a simple positive and negative or not? might be more due to the deadlocking systems, and to the door solenoids. if i was you id leave the deadlocking microswitch and wires alone for now untill you know exactly where they go. i was messing with that and ended up frying my locking ecu. best thing to do is get another corsa with the central locking working and compare lol.
there might be shit loads more needed to do to get it working though, i dont really know mate
Simon_16v

29th Nov 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright then. Yeh they have the microswitches on the locks on both sides. I suppose il try get the ecu and compare to a mates corsa.

Thanks for ur help mate

New Poll