corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Whats everyones salary and age

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats everyones salary and age
Graham88

User status: Offline
1st Jan 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
most people lie (just look at the cars they drive)

Do you think everyone spends their whole pay packet on their car then?
Colin

1st Jan 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
how does everyone earn so much i want a good paying job

most people lie (just look at the cars they drive)

Im starting to wonder this aswell, I earn no where near what some folk are claiming & ive got a better car & my own house, where they own a corsa (2-3k's worth & stay with their folks).....just doesnt add up
Marc

1st Jan 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't earn a lot.
Graham88

1st Jan 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Im starting to wonder this aswell, I earn no where near what some folk are claiming & ive got a better car & my own house, where they own a corsa (2-3k's worth & stay with their folks).....just doesnt add up

I'm the opposite, I can't figure out how people have their own place and still have money left over for a decent car! I here all the horror stories from mates with their own places about how they're left skint or in overdraft each month because of things going wrong with their house or whatever.

Everybody spends their money differently, think some people are forgetting that.

[Edited on 01-01-2008 by Graham88]
AndyKent

1st Jan 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From where I stand, if you're on 30k you have a take home per month of around £1800 after tax.

How could you possibly spend that much without a house and new car? I have a brand new car and earn less than half that.

Not saying your not telling the truth, but that I can't understand where you could spend that much money per month.....
Colin

1st Jan 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats just it though - I dont understand what folk spend 30k or whatever on if they dont have a anything substainable to spend it on. I see where my money goes each month, most on mortgage, diesel & food. Rest on going out & a little on buying random stuff. Im never in the red though I sometimes have to sacrifice luxurys to make ends meet. Hardly a horror story, i like to call it living
Graham88

1st Jan 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1650 after Pension / Union too.

£600 to parents as owe them some money. (Not long left) So there we are, I'm down to about 18k a year monthly wage.

£300 on petrol a month, due to work mileage mostly. That's roughly £700 left.

You've got your general bits and pieces you'll buy, the takeaways etc. That's got to be a couple of hundred? So really, I have £500 left over to spend on what I want (as things stand).

I always get through each month no problem. I've only been here about 4 months. I've got the 42" Plasma, Surround sound, new computer, Xbox 360 Elite and all that stuff. I run my car no problem, even when things go wrong.

I was given a book on managing money as I'd like to know more about it and stretching money further etc, so quite interesting to get 'real stories' from you guys.

[Edited on 01-01-2008 by Graham88]
Marc

1st Jan 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my mates says hes on 30k. Pays about £270 a month rent and has his car to pay for as well. Claims to be skint come the end of the month. God knows what he spends his money on.
AndyKent

1st Jan 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, just that with a little sacrifice it is easy to afford almost anything given enough time

If you really want to save yourself cash, just keep a record of what you buy, or set yourself a limit - its easy.
Graham88

1st Jan 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
One of my mates says hes on 30k. Pays about £270 a month rent and has his car to pay for as well. Claims to be skint come the end of the month. God knows what he spends his money on.

£270 That's cheap, most around here are £500 or so. Then you have food/electricity and all that.

I am sure moving out wouldn't be a problem on my wage, as Colin said it's just that sacrifices would have to be made. Now that I've bought everything I want it'll be interesting to see how much I save each month
Marc

1st Jan 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres 2 of them sharing
Colin

1st Jan 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mortgage is only £230 a month

I got a bargain though, buying the same place today with up to date prices it would be around 500 a month.
Graham88

1st Jan 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My mortgage is only £230 a month

I got a bargain though, buying the same place today with up to date prices it would be around 500 a month.

See at that price I'd consider it! But as u say u got a good deal.

The only viable reason for me moving out would be too be nearer to work, otherwise, there is no need! Plus I've just re-decorated and CBA to do that again
James_H

1st Jan 08 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£780 a month

Vauxhall mechanic
Jas

1st Jan 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19.. about 14k id imagine...

hopefully doing my accountancy courses soon as id like to be earning closer the 30 mark
corsa-sxi

2nd Jan 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate says that he earns 40k and he is 22, upto 6 mnths ago he was a banking cashier earning £13k, then moved into business banking saying he was earning £20k, fair enough, now he said he was poached by his business clients and that he asked his boss for a pay rise, now he earn 40k? so thats double his wage in 6 mnths ish? i dont know whether to believe him or not he showed me his bank statement and took hom £2300, wonder if part of that was an xmas bonus.
Andrew

2nd Jan 08 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats just it though - I dont understand what folk spend 30k or whatever on if they dont have a anything substainable to spend it on. I see where my money goes each month, most on mortgage, diesel & food. Rest on going out & a little on buying random stuff. Im never in the red though I sometimes have to sacrifice luxurys to make ends meet. Hardly a horror story, i like to call it living
Graham88

2nd Jan 08 at 04:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
my mate says that he earns 40k and he is 22, upto 6 mnths ago he was a banking cashier earning £13k, then moved into business banking saying he was earning £20k, fair enough, now he said he was poached by his business clients and that he asked his boss for a pay rise, now he earn 40k? so thats double his wage in 6 mnths ish? i dont know whether to believe him or not he showed me his bank statement and took hom £2300, wonder if part of that was an xmas bonus.

That works out genuine a month, to be on 40k a year
Russ

2nd Jan 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi

That works out genuine a month, to be on 40k a year
taxed, ni, pension, and union(maybe) TAKES A GRAND A MONTH OFF YOU? ???
Robbo

2nd Jan 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does when you hit 40k yeah
whitter45

2nd Jan 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as you are in the 40% tax bracket - I have stopped doing overtime as it worth next to nothing now as I'm the 40% tax bracket - plus they also tale your company car into account as your earning so I got doubled dicked
mattk

2nd Jan 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the two plumbers I worked with were only working 4 days a week cause the earning on the 5th day took them over the 40% tax bracket

Its a pain in the arse
Colin

2nd Jan 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything over 36k is super tax isnt it?? Oh joys!
SportBoy

2nd Jan 08 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 25

bring home 1325 a month
mot tester

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by SportyBoy]
BYRON

2nd Jan 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
anything over 36k is super tax isnt it?? Oh joys!

Indeed. 40% tax - robbery really

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll