corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Getting planning permission for new build??without spending a fortune....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting planning permission for new build??without spending a fortune....
GT4Brody

User status: Offline
25th Oct 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My nan owns half the lease to a block of 4 flats and there is an overgrown piece of land at the back with 4 garages and enough room for a small property (has access down side of flats).
I am thinking of buying half the lease even better all of it, however it will be worth a lot more "if" it is possible to build on it?

The thing is i dont want to spend loads of money paying an architecht to come up with plans only to have them rejected and not be able to build anything..
Is there anyway of finding out if i have a good chance of getting planning permission without spending a fortune...
Cosmo

25th Oct 07 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring the council and speak to the planning officer, he will give you a decent indication. You wont get anything even nearly concrete though without plans being submitted so will always be a risk.
AndyKent

25th Oct 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good architect would only submit something suitable for the area..........but they don't come cheap.

I'm an apprentice and I charge £50 an hour!
Cosmo

25th Oct 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
A good architect would only submit something suitable for the area..........but they don't come cheap.

I'm an apprentice and I charge £50 an hour!

even still, some councils are so fucking arsey that they'll knock it back for the fun of it
AndyKent

25th Oct 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too true
Mad Moe

26th Oct 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll also find that most Planning Depts. Will now charge you a nice fee just for the privilege of speaking with them
GT4Brody

27th Oct 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replys, have spoken to a guy at the planning dept and he said there is a possibility of a small bungalow, but like you say no guarantee.
Then guy was actullay quite heplful surprisingly!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd speak to the Land Registry to make sure that there are no covenants on the property.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll