corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering column removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering column removal
Robbbbb

User status: Offline
20th Oct 07 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondered how anybodys managed removing the steering column on a corsa b (non PAS), I can see how its fixed in but theres no way can i get to it?! There looks to be a single nut at the bottom of the cage type thing holding it to the car close to the pedals which i cant for the life of me get to and 2 fixings holding it in to the top end of the column (steering wheel end) just below the dials, one of which is easy to undo the nut on but the other one doesnt even seem to have a nut on it?! just some sort of round head pin thing, i'm majorly confused and any help would be amazing
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Oct 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take out the dash and its an easy job.
Robbbbb

21st Oct 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought that might be the case! cheers for the reply.

Rob
phil_sutton

21st Oct 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

take out the dash and its an easy job.

thats a joke right? Its is easy with the dash out but taking the dash out in order to remove the steer column is like to trying to kill someone with a spoon, i.e there are better ways.

Remove the knuckle on the bottom and then the 13mm bolt on bracket that points up, then there is a 13mm nut right at the top. The next bit is to either tap the last bolt in round with a chisel / centre punch as it has no head on it as such or lift the wheel up an push down hard an it should slide off the bracket.

New Poll