corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
little_duke

User status: Offline
25th Nov 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as everybody else as said.spot on shaun,il have to come down and see this.it seems to help not being on the road and doing it as it all looks top notch.well done
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Nov 07 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone. really pleased to hear you all seem to like it
Mark, u2u'd you my mob number. you'll have to come down one weekend!

oh and two months untill i can start driving it!!! soo excited!!

updates coming next weekend as my new airfilter just turned up
ChrisBoom

26th Nov 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two weeks for me , cant wait.

Looks ace anyways
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well guys got the exhaust all fitted today and I have to say i'm disapointed. It sounds fine when its just ticking over but as soon as you rev it it sounds very wierd. The only thing i can compare it to is a Subaru sort of sound but dodgey? Nothing like what I was hoping for

I'm really hoping its just because its not been started for a few weeks and because its so cold outside, + it ran out of fuel before I could get it up to tempreture.

Quick pic anyway.
Ben G

16th Dec 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks big, 4''?

should sound better when the engines at optimum temp aswell mate. may need a good ragging if it's been sat for a while.
little_duke

16th Dec 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i like it,looks ok.imho i would have gone for maybe a letterbox or 6x4" oval ?

dont put an airfilter on a 1.0 12v.they dont agree with the engine

if you do,be prepaired to be buying air flow meters

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by corsa_sri_mark]
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an airfilter on it at the minute mark but im going to change it back to my airbox Went for a 4" tip as it's a bit different to what everyone one else has and I think it suits the car

Going to get some fuel in it next weekend and get it warmed up properly see if its any better as its popping and banging badly at the moment
little_duke

16th Dec 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh matey not all exhausts sond top whack when there first fitted,some have to ware in,what is it?full system?
Ste L

16th Dec 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget, it's a 3pot engine, so will sound strange to a normal 4pot engine

look's good though
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a cat back system consisting of a remus straight through centre pipe and a sportex back box. + its not been driven it about 7 months which probably doesnt help matters. I'll see if my dad will take it round the block a few times one night maybe
ChrisBoom

16th Dec 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Its a cat back system consisting of a remus straight through centre pipe and a sportex back box. + its not been driven it about 7 months which probably doesnt help matters. I'll see if my dad will take it round the block a few times one night maybe

Mine was off the road for 2 years, it was a bit rough for a while, but once I ragged the shit out of it for a few miles, its spot on now.
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would take the filter off mate, me and a neighbour each had cone filters on our 1.0's and neither engine got along with it, refitted the standard airbox now and its much better.

I used to have a remus section and sportex box on mine which was always popping and banging, due to it not being the right fitment for a 1.0.

Have you noticed any difference in power ?
as mine lost alot of power when i had the remus on, might be down to mine being badly fitted though lol

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
B3KAN

16th Dec 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all this lol nice work mate looks tidy
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Dec 07 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all your comments!

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
I would take the filter off mate, me and a neighbour each had cone filters on our 1.0's and neither engine got along with it, refitted the standard airbox now and its much better.

I used to have a remus section and sportex box on mine which was always popping and banging, due to it not being the right fitment for a 1.0.

Have you noticed any difference in power ?
as mine lost alot of power when i had the remus on, might be down to mine being badly fitted though lol

Not sure how its affecting the power mate as its not on the road yet. But just over 1 month to go now until i'm 17! Need to get it booked in at work for an mot next

Will be taking my cone filter off too. Don't want to have to fork out for a new afm
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Dec 07 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you all had a good christmas!

Got a few bits and bobs for the car! My Mum and Dad very kindly got me a sub woofer! Its a FLI Trap 12" Active one with the amp built in

Not wired it up yet, just popped it in the boot to make sure it fitted ok and of course to take a few piccies!

My Mum got me so L plates for it too!

ChrisBoom

26th Dec 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the L-plate tucked up the top corner of the window
.dean.

26th Dec 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

you got kitchen stuff out side bit random lmafo
ali_corsa

26th Dec 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate youre cars nice!!marks number is always good to have if u need help i should know i always fone him about stupid stuff and call him out, cant wait to see youre car out
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Dec 07 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, They are magnetic jobbies. Might try them in the windows so they are less noticable

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
you got kitchen stuff out side bit random lmafo

yes I have. Keep all my bits and bobs in there. Pretty handy actually lol

quote:
Originally posted by ali_corsa
mate youre cars nice!!marks number is always good to have if u need help i should know i always fone him about stupid stuff and call him out, cant wait to see youre car out

Got Marks number yeah. Think us Tamworth lot need to meet up in the new year
M2RTY

27th Dec 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alarm is a MUST next mate, trust me
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
alarm is a MUST next mate, trust me

deffonatly mate! it's broken into once already and it's not even on the road yet! Going to take a trip down halfords sometime soon to get one sorted. Going to get something decent, the last thing I want is for it to get nicked after spending all the money on it

Got the exhaust sorted now aswell. Warmed it right up and what a transformation! sounds ace now!

Plans for tommorrow are to finish refurb the last two wheels as well as checking over the car for things it might fail the mot on. Got a short list already...

[Edited on 27-12-2007 by shaunmods]
flybikeslee

27th Dec 07 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords only DIY alarms, i dont rate them...and i work for halfords colour code boot lock or dewiper i say next
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
halfords only DIY alarms, i dont rate them...and i work for halfords colour code boot lock or dewiper i say next

Bummer! I was hoping they'd have some decent brands there. Don't they do a service for fitting them for you?

flybikeslee

27th Dec 07 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope....
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
nope....

wtf all these adverts on the TV about then Thats that idea out the window then!

Theres some alright ones on ebay but I don't fancy fitting it myself

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1947031 seconds