corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :)
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 07 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yah, are there others in the area?

[Edited on 11-11-2007 by Graeme]
Robin
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a couple of bodyshops in Northampton, but they wanted about £250 for the job, and a week with the car
Butler

11th Nov 07 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dare I say it, that looks better than Robins now. Love it mate.
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol legend, robin will love that, hmm thing is i can paint it robin as the colour is a custom one, thanks to the guy who last had it. if they crack a small bit will be touched up wih just black so i blimin hope they wont!
Butler

11th Nov 07 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im actually gonna go as far as to say its the nicest mark 1 ive ever seen. Probably everything id ever want in one apart from more power. Looks stunning mate.
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Dare I say it, that looks better than Robins now. Love it mate.

I agree TBH, black car with a red grille always looks shitloads better than a red car with a red grille new wheels will suit it more than they did on mine too.
Paul H

11th Nov 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate
makes me want to keep mine
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 11-11-2007 GRILL FITED

Got round to fittingmy grill 2day but will need to borow some clips from work to secure it fully in place but looks cool imo! Makes it look very mean!

What you think?

Robin
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grille clips? the ones at the top?

I've got spares, I'll dig them out for you.

Looks awesome, stands out really well.
WMCMoo

11th Nov 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCKING LOVE MK1 GOLFS !

nice il be watching this thread
Paul H

11th Nov 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks loads better mate you can't beat the original red trim
ash87

11th Nov 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will look mint with them wheels on, they the same that was on the euro bucket?
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul H
looks loads better mate you can't beat the original red trim

yeah, so right from factory!
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash87
will look mint with them wheels on, they the same that was on the euro bucket?

no they were keskin KT4`s look in my garage and you will see there different! plus these are 7.5" wide as oposed to 7.5" on front and 9" on rear!
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 24-12-2007 STRIPES, STEERING WHEEL, WHEELS WAXED, ARCH SPATS.

Right well havent done anything to the golf in weeks.

Im off work and got all my christmas shopping done yesterday so had a spare day so got my arse into gear and did some work on it.

First off was to sort the steering wheel out that i have never really liked the aftermarket one and it is the problem of some play in the steering.

Had the other wheel for a while and fit it took a whole 5 mins.

Before:

After:

Next up got onto the job of doing the pedal rubbers, again had these a while, only had one on and that was grubby.

Just cleans it up a bit now.

Before:

After:

Then got onto the one i thought was gona be a bit of a pain, well it kinda was but not to bad.

The stripes!

First off cleaned the sides down and then clayed the whole bottom sections on both sides to get rid of any tar and crap.

Then i did the rear panel first so it was a small section to see how they looked.

Sprayed water over the panel which i think maybe i shouldnt of done now with these stickers.

Gave me time to manouver them about though into right position, then used a filler spreader to get all the water out and a hot air gun (missus hair dryer) to get rid of the water.

Back panel done:

Then did the whole of that side and looks pretty good, just need to get and arty farty crafty knife to trim them so they are all flush etc and neat edges.

Then went round the other side and did that and was actually worse cos the wing doesnt really ling up to great with the door but sorted that all out and then put them on and lookes good i recon over all.

Then tried the rear arch spats on for shape to see how they look, gona be made in carbon along with the carbon front splitter so will look good and fit them then.

Then came inside and gave the wheels a nice good coat of wax as the tyres are being fitted next week when the guy who does my tyres comes home from holiday.

The wax:

The wheels all waxed up so will be easier to clean when they get all crappy:

So what you think about it?

Finally a pic of the daily shitter, need to really clean it but its gona without a clean for 5-6 months so cant hurt it for a bit more!

Still has some battle scars with no front grill!

Charlton

25th Dec 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like this VW. you fitted the car bra yet?
John G

25th Dec 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not into the stripes i must admit
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Dec 07 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlton
really like this VW. you fitted the car bra yet?

yeah was on but flapped about and scratched the paint work on the front so it came off, trying to find some magnet strips top stich into the back of it so it will sit nicely on the bonnet and not flap about!
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Dec 07 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
not into the stripes i must admit

i know alot wont like them but when its all finished i think it will look decent, just need to rub down the black trims i have and re paint them as there not as good as the guy said they were!

Think it will all tie in when there on with new wheels and a tad lower!
Charlton

26th Dec 07 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car bra will look good if you can fit it without it scratching your paint work
Paul H

27th Dec 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate
Robin
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks ace Graeme
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, still havent got the coilovers yet as the guy is having problems getting his car back!

The battery died the other day and as the only way through with a key hole is the boot, it was up against the garage so we towed it out with my bro`s truck and then i climed through!

now got a nice new battery though and booked the tyres to finally get changed!
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Jan 08 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh also taken the tacky Vollswagen badge off the glove box, and im painting my trims at work 2morow, there all primed and rubbed down, just gota satin black them all up!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :) 23 database queries in 0.1033199 seconds