corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :)
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Sep 07 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
Good luck with those coilovers mate, had the same ones on my mk3 and it was seriously uncomfy...

Its more like VWSport on here... lol

hmm, havent collected them yet so i could always say no to the guy, what u recommend then?
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 29-09-07 NEW REAR LIGHTS

Bought some standard lights and even if the pics dont do them justice i think they look better!

Before:

After:

Whittie

30th Sep 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's so much better
Paul H

30th Sep 07 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they make a big difference.
modern lights just don't suite the mk1 at all
Fad

30th Sep 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate. Swear I see this at VW Players.
Kano

30th Sep 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:
Originally posted by Kano
Good luck with those coilovers mate, had the same ones on my mk3 and it was seriously uncomfy...

Its more like VWSport on here... lol

hmm, havent collected them yet so i could always say no to the guy, what u recommend then?

FK's are always a safe bet, decent lowness and there still comfy.

I'm looking at a set of KW Variant 1's at the moment but there second hand so a bit weary..
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Oct 07 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Looking good mate. Swear I see this at VW Players.

u did, i was there yesterday!
Fad

1st Oct 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So were me jr and Willay!

Awsome show

Car looked minty fresh can't wait to see the project unfold
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Oct 07 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was there with a load of mates with there cars, alot of them were in the vip lounge inside the hanger. dub club.

been let down on the coilovers which im pissed off about but will have to get some from somewhere else!
Graeme
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 02-10-07 BOX OF GOODIES HAS ARRIVED!

Got back this evening to find a box of goodies had been delivered to next door. Am waiting for many parts so was quite exited to see what it was!

The box: (oooooooohhhhhhhh)

Contents:

New Front Smoked Cross Hair Lights:

Bonnet Gas Struts:

And The Best Thing Last, My Bonnet Bra:

Will try fit them all 2morow i think!
Paul H

4th Oct 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get them on lights take about 10mins bonnet bra about 5
Paul H

4th Oct 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know how you get on with them bonnet lifters mate as i have heard you have to drill the wings to fit them.
I don't really want to do that on mine as my new wings cost nearly £100 each(genuine vag ouch)
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Oct 07 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lined the bonnet lifters up and you do need to drill them!

im not so sure if i should or not!
lights have been fitted for 2 days and im 50/50 on them!
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Oct 07 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 04-10-07 COILOVERS AND TOOL BOX - PAGE 2

Ordered these on tuesday and got them today which i was very happy about!

Got them nice and cheap and tbh they look very gd quality, but why is there 2 springs with a plate in between them?

Not sure how there gona be on the road but with a good amount of copper grease they will be ok for now!

Also bought my self a Present the other day, just need to get a bottom box and will save up to treat my self there!

Doubt im gona fit all my tools in this anyway!

Paul H

5th Oct 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my coilovers are the same there the helper springs for when you wind them right down
Graeme
Premium Member

20th Oct 07 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 20-10-2007 LOTS OF BITS ADDED PLUS DISTASTER STRIKES

Right well over the past few weeks i have been collecting stuff and adding stuff but just not updated this.

First off was my lights which i really like!

Smoked crosshair light!

Next came the smoked front repeators off of robin for a bargain price, need a bit of a polish up as there really dull but look better than clear ones!

Also got a standard steering wheel which i still need to fit but imo i prefer it than the aftermarket one! just gota get rid of that yellow GTi to red

DISASTER STRIKES

Last week on way to work was going along a nice back country road as ever when a muntjac bolted out from the woodland area, i swerved up the bank a bit but didnt avoid it, luckily it hit the side as it was aiming for the bonnet which would of buggered things right up.

Still fooked half of my orginal VW duckbill and dented the bottom of the front panel, have pushed the front panel out a bit but still needs more out and then will filler it and paint it just a standard gloss black!

Robin has kindly donated a duckbill to me so that is all gd, car is off the road now whilst i get a few problems sorted out, The tracking was also knocked miles out but it needs a new rack so no point getting it tracked up when i will have to get it done soon anyway!

Whats missing here?

Big dent in front panel!

Paul H

20th Oct 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch at least most of it will cover up
Graeme
Premium Member

20th Oct 07 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, cant really see the dent unless u get on the floor and look for it but it is large!
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 07-11-2007 New Wheels, Steering wheel and Grill

Well have been colecting bits so fa, got a few things and am well on my way to having the stuff i want.

Mouldings:

Have swaped my chrome mouldings for some black ones and they are on there way to me as we speak.

Grey Stripes:

There sitting here waiting to go on the car.

Grill:

Bought a new grill and have nicked the top and bottom trim off of that and painted that up in mars red and have fitted the outer sides and here is the center part below:

Painted the center section of teh steering wheel red so it matches the grill and part of the interior which i need to paint red:

Wheels:

A nice young man droped off some wheels to me tonight for a gd price so will get them swaped around once my arches have been rolled.

Result:

Well i all hope with everything that it will look something like the following which i am in love with, will be a bit lower and wheels slightly wider though!

what u think?

Robin
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those wheels look nice, good choice
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgy delivery driver though!

willl look good when fitted i hope!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice choice on the wheels mate

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Nov 07 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, arch rolling has been booked, just waiting for confimation of date and then will get the tyes swapped over and they will be on!
Robin
Premium Member

10th Nov 07 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who did you go with? Archenemy?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Mk1 Golf GTi : UPDATE: 17-05-2008 Painted !!! :) 24 database queries in 0.1937220 seconds