corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Website design / shop hosting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Website design / shop hosting
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
11th Aug 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. I'm looking to set up quite a professional looking website with about 50 products, integrated payment (debit/credit cards + paypal) and order forms.

There seems to be hundreds of semi-automated web store builders on the internet at quite reasonable costs. Has anybody had any experience with these - any recomendations or things to look out for?

Alternatively I was thinking of getting a web designer to do it all from scratch - I know this would be more expensive but may be a better solution.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Cosmo

User status: Offline
11th Aug 07 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OSCommerce is what 90% of site builders will use to give you the e-commerce capabilities on your website, its free in its basic form so they should charge for that.

I would suggest going to CRELance.com (uses a version of OSCommerce called CRE Loaded) and uploading a project on there, people will then bid on it and give you offers. With the majority being from the US you can get some good deals with the exchange rate how it is, and be ALOT cheaper than anyone over here.

New Poll