corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How to sell a 'genuine' VXR220

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to sell a 'genuine' VXR220
Russ

User status: Offline
7th Aug 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read first 5, cba with other 19
Dom

7th Aug 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I've read 5 pages Dom and i can only see 1 possible conclusion from it tbh and that is that he knew right from the start he was selling a pig in a poke

im not doubting that, but no one bothered to go down and have a look at it and confirm it - it was a load of keyboard warriors bashing away at ebay and RAC vehicle checker. And then everyone jumped on the bandwagon when they knew sweet FA about it and pretending to be experts in vehicle repairs.

It's was almost identical VSport thread

Dom,

We all knew what the score was.....nobody posted it because over on vx220 we like to let people admit their own misgivings not slate them.

Subtley different to on here, but Imran simply wont admit what has gone on.

a simple visit would have cleared it all up and there wouldn't be 22 pages of "movie goers" with there popcorn
And im not sure about your comment "not to slate them", as soon as those pictures were posted a lot of the users were already stating that it was dodgy and started giving him grief, yet no one knew diddly squat, especially as no one would own up to the photos or authenticity of them.

the only difference i see over on the vx forum is that the mods like to jump in an play pretend CID

[Edited on 07-08-2007 by Dom]
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Aug 07 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've never stalked anyone
p20ele

7th Aug 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg. i started and there was only 3 pages.......im now on 12. its better than eastenders
Neo

7th Aug 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i actually beleive the guy, if what he is saying is true:

he owned it for 6 months

that plate hasnt been on the car since 2 years ago

and that the guy with the posted pics of the smashed up vxr220 wont admit what the date of those pics originated from...

Then this car is probably legit !

My 2 cents
Jules

7th Aug 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all (currently) 24 pages and ended up with All Torques posting being the last one - how truely profound!
Anyway, good read and it's a good demonstartion of how car owners clubs/forums can be seen in a positive light (Unless you're a dodgy car fixer/seller!)
Jules S
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
I've read 5 pages Dom and i can only see 1 possible conclusion from it tbh and that is that he knew right from the start he was selling a pig in a poke

im not doubting that, but no one bothered to go down and have a look at it and confirm it - it was a load of keyboard warriors bashing away at ebay and RAC vehicle checker. And then everyone jumped on the bandwagon when they knew sweet FA about it and pretending to be experts in vehicle repairs.

Dom,

We all knew what the score was.....nobody posted it because over on vx220 we like to let people admit their own misgivings not slate them.

a simple visit would have cleared it all up and there wouldn't be 22 pages of "movie goers" with there popcorn
And im not sure about your comment "not to slate them", as soon as those pictures were posted a lot of the users were already stating that it was dodgy and started giving him grief, yet no one knew diddly squat, especially as no one would own up to the photos or authenticity of them.

the only difference i see over on the vx forum is that the mods like to jump in an play pretend CID

LOL,

Other people who know the car in question have sent the pics of 'VXR 16' to the mods

It's one car in a run of only 65, your comment of 'knew diddly squat' about vxr220's just goes to show your ignorance about what the thread was all about.

I'll leave it there TBH...
Colin

7th Aug 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read up to the bottom of page 3, does anything good happen from then on??

If the plate hasnt been on the car for 2 yrs then maybe he really doesnt know!!?

[Edited on 07-08-2007 by Colin]
Dom

7th Aug 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Dom,

LOL,

Other people who know the car in question have sent the pics of 'VXR 16' to the mods

It's one car in a run of only 65, your comment of 'knew diddly squat' about vxr220's just goes to show your ignorance about what the thread was all about.

I'll leave it there TBH...

no you're probably right, but from an "outsider" it just seems a bunch on a vx-goers are too eager to bash the seller. And the fact remains, none of the mods/users wanted to authenticate the photos showing the damage to the car. If they had, then im sure it wouldn't have been a 23 page thread.

But like yourself, i'll leave it there.....

edit - at regarding my "diddly squat" comment, it was aimed at majority of the posters knowing anything about the situation, not at whether the posters knew anything about VX's (would seem a bit daft if you didn't know anything about a 220 considering it's a vx220 forum )

Toph

7th Aug 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25 pages! my eyes hurt
c20let

7th Aug 07 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"wankstain"
Eck
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toph
25 pages! my eyes hurt

Ditto
p20ele

7th Aug 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 hours readin that crock of sh1t.......what a waste of my time
p20ele

7th Aug 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
"wankstain"

I havent heard that in years!!
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
7th Aug 07 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got bored on page 9.
Kurt

7th Aug 07 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have i missed something?
AdZ9

8th Aug 07 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
tbh i actually beleive the guy, if what he is saying is true:

he owned it for 6 months

that plate hasnt been on the car since 2 years ago

and that the guy with the posted pics of the smashed up vxr220 wont admit what the date of those pics originated from...

Then this car is probably legit !

My 2 cents

Did you not read the bit which shows his ebay account was used to buy all the new parts that were ruined in the crash? Like the lights, side vents, panels etc the fact that another account used by same ip was created before and asking people for spare parts etc?

He got caught out, hes probablly not very computer "savvy" so didn't think people would find out and be able to see his ebay account/existing accounts and ip etc
R Lee

8th Aug 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The world would be such a pretty place if there wasn't so many corrupt fuckfaces out there

Read it all by the way, it was fun
liveseytowers

8th Aug 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't view it page can't be displayed. Seen it on another forum as well and couldnt view it then either.
James

8th Aug 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read it all, wish I hadn't.

Not much happens after the first 6ish pages.
ryzer

8th Aug 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is their server down?
baza31

8th Aug 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the actual post about? i cant get on to read it. cheers
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
8th Aug 07 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloke was selling a VXR220

Someone posted pics of it smashed up

Everyone got their super-sleuth hats on and went looking for ebay accounts and stuff

People posted links to old threads by the same bloke, under a different username, buying the parts to repair the damage

Bloke denys all knowledge of damage.
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Aug 07 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess us vx220 lot get a bit 'precious' where are car type is concerned....

What people should realise is that the car in question is one of 65...its pretty bloody special, to a lesser or greater extent it's our 'dream car' as far as VX's go.

So when we hear/see one badly damaged/written off...we understandably look after our own.

It's my understanding (and always has been, although I'm not a Mod....I know most of the mod team) that information was at hand from the offset that proved the bloke was a scammer (he's marketed repaired cars on the site before hand as non crashed apparently)

If you read the thread he (Imran) was given every opportunity to withdraw the ads, but he chose to add more lies and spin to cover himself (there were lots of u2u's going about too)

I dont think the admin/mods ever expected the thread to get the exposure it did, hence the 'be honest' approach, as opposed to we will expose you for the scammer you are...

I guess the damage is done now as far as Imran is concerned....can't say I feel sorry for him.

If there was a special edition VXR corsa available and he had scammed this site would you?

Ah well

Whittie

18th Aug 07 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=54660&st=0

64 pages lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How to sell a 'genuine' VXR220 22 database queries in 0.2187250 seconds