corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa 2.0 16v project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue corsa 2.0 16v project
chrisj_88

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive had my corsa for 2 years now, and ive decided its time to take the plunge and upgrade to a 2.0 16v. although the conversion hasn't started yet theres been a few mods recently. this is how the car looked when i got it

ofcourse, with me being young, first came the "ICE" this was a pioneer head unit with 2 pioneer 6x9's in the parcel shelf and a 12" jbl sub and amp. sounded far better than the standard cassette player

then fitted some clean looking gsi alloys

the next mod were some astra mk4 side repeaters i picked up at the local scrappers for a quid each

before:

after:

much better...it was at this point i decided to begin with a gradual 2.0 16v conversion, so the first thing i bought were some fk coilovers from barry cooper automotives

got these fitted by some mates down at mj motors in batley...strangley came across this when removing the front struts

a seriously broken spring, cant believe that didnt cause a crash

anyway, immediately after the coilover fitting, decided to slam the car as much as poss, so the adjusters on the rear springs werent used. heres how it looked plus other pics showing how close it is to the arches, suprisingly only scrubs on the front when i take a corner fast, other than that im scrubbage free.

oh and i forgot, along the way i had a magnex cat back system fitted, looked and sounded much better, sounds much more powerful than a 12v pic of the exhaust

bored one afternoon i decided to semi strip the rear to make way for future bucket seats, harnesses and rear strut brace. also the sub was starting to become more of a headache machine than a sound system

and this is how the car stands now, very pleased with it, i have some uprated brake calipers in the garage, as well as a rebuilt xe thats waiting to go in, just need to save up for a fitting kit and we're away

cheers for reading, ile keep it updated when the conversion begins.

[Edited on 31-07-2007 by chrisj_88]
SAL
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate brings back memories of doing mine, all good fun !

keep us updated
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its looking very smart now mate.

keep it up

any more plans for the outside of it?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
jamesvalver

31st Jul 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good. sits quite high though at the rear with the adjusters removed. ive done the same on mine and its sits lower stripped out
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Aug 07 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work! Not too far off now then

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
B3KAN

1st Aug 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh anonther arden blue owner nice work so far mate, keep us updated
chrisj_88

1st Aug 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing

any more plans for the outside of it?

only minor things at the minute mate, like a punto rear wiper and maybe some depos, as im first concentrating on putting all my money into the conversion...styling can come later
chrisj_88

1st Aug 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesvalver
looking good. sits quite high though at the rear with the adjusters removed. ive done the same on mine and its sits lower stripped out

yeh it was scrubbing a bit on the back even with the arches beaten out a fair way, so i decided to put half of the adjusters in. no scrubbage now

oh and thanks everyone for the comments, ile keep u updated

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa 2.0 16v project 24 database queries in 0.0099730 seconds