corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 or Xbox 360

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 or Xbox 360
Davey_boy

User status: Offline
9th Jul 07 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were going to get one which would it be??
Whittie

9th Jul 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had both, and would get an xbox360.

If you ask the same question in 12/18 months I would say ps3, the games would of caught up with the technology then.
Doug

Why dont you use the search function as thats one of THE most asked questions on this site!
Cosmo

Topshot told me to say PS3.
Joe

9th Jul 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3, does'nt have 3 red lights.
ssj_kakarot

9th Jul 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
PS3, does'nt have 3 red lights.

ps3 doesnt have a 3 year warranty

also the games suck lol, no really im not even being biased they really do suck at the min.

get a 360 for now.
Joe

9th Jul 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was joking anyway, I have a 360 and PS3 does'nt seem to offer me anything else that I need. So I say 360.
andy1868

9th Jul 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 3 years warrenty on my PS3 free as i blagged it in the shop, along with an HDMI cable. call of duty is an excellant game, but if you have it on the 360 its hardly worth getting on the PS3 now is it?
ssj_kakarot

9th Jul 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have a 360 and a wii at the min, did have a ps3 for a short period but it just wasnt different enough from the 360 to warrant keeping it.

if i get one again it would have to be cheap or there would need to be a truely awsome game out for it.
Davey_boy

9th Jul 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice chaps, think im swaying towards the 360 now, cheaper in price and it has forza
mk4_astra

9th Jul 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 360, my mate has both.

as far as just the consoles go i like both about the same, ps3 looks very good but is bigger and a dust magnet.

the 360 gets used alot more aswell, i have to ask to use the ps3 and he doesnt have any really good games for it, motorstorm and fn3 look good and are fun with a few mates round but get boring quickly, rfom takes too long to get into and has poor first impressions.

im going to say get the 360, im happy with mine and may well get a ps3 in the future but sony would really have to pull a trick out the bag and get a library of must own games under its belt aswell
Gavin
Premium Member

9th Jul 07 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your just opened up a....

I have always been a PS fan and anti-xbox but all changed over xmas when PS said that they cant get the consoles out till march. I saw Gears of War advertised on the box and that was it... went out and brought myself a 360 - excellent deal at gamestation !
There are plenty of good games out on the 360 and some big titles coming out in the next couldnt of months. I'm not sure about the PS3 now??? may get one later in the year or after xmas when they release some more titles.

but i'm fairly happy with the 360 at the moment and still playing Gears after 6 months of gameplay - you cant beat the sound of a headshot with the sniper

pew pew pew pewwwww
mazdaspeed

9th Jul 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3, but the choice is yours. There are some great games on PS3 but many are already out on the 360. Sony do make the best selling consoles so give it time.
Dav

9th Jul 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 360. So for now I'd vote PS3
ssj_kakarot

9th Jul 07 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed
PS3, but the choice is yours. There are some great games on PS3 but many are already out on the 360. Sony do make the best selling consoles so give it time.

er technically nintendo have sold more systems
Cosmo

9th Jul 07 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookng at the thread below Id say PS3
Rus

10th Jul 07 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can't be bothered to argue but i'll say read up on "the cell" and you'll realize how powerful the ps3 is and realize that its the best future investment out of the three.

this forum has alot of xbox fans so be causous and quite recently ssj_kakarot has been waving the wii flag but only bases his opinions on sales.

do some research. Find out what you can about both machines. its alot of money at the end of the day.
Nath

10th Jul 07 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

360 as its far better value.

Played F1 on the PS3 the other day and I wasn't amazed tbh. Not worth £400, not yet anyway.
Nismo

10th Jul 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wii
ssj_kakarot

10th Jul 07 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
i can't be bothered to argue but i'll say read up on "the cell" and you'll realize how powerful the ps3 is and realize that its the best future investment out of the three.

this forum has alot of xbox fans so be causous and quite recently ssj_kakarot has been waving the wii flag but only bases his opinions on sales.

do some research. Find out what you can about both machines. its alot of money at the end of the day.

no not at all im basing my flag waving on which console i find the best, the fact nintendo throughout history have continued to produce the best games ever made on any system and they will continue to do so.

im also basing it on the games that are actually coming out for the consoles, you know a lot of people focus far to much on graphics and simply dont even look what games are coming out, well the wii and 360 have a lot of games in the pipeline that really appeal to me.

the ps3 with its cell (wow) only has one or two, mainly final fantasy 13, now seen as i hated 12 i really dont hold out much hope for 13.

so quite frankly i couldnt give a toss about sales, i buy consoles that have games i want to play on them.

not because in theory it might have slightly better graphics than the others in a years time, but you know has no games i want to play on it.

more to the point im pretty much a rpg gamer so graphics meen little to nothing to me.

but at least all the ps3 owners can take solice that there system has a cell, you know with really nice looking games, that you get bored with playing after two days awsome.
ssj_kakarot

10th Jul 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and like i say all the time graphics alone will not sell systems, like i have said before the Ds is greatly more popular than the psp.

Despite the fact the psp is a LOT more powerfull in all aspects compared to the Ds.
xa0s
Banned

31st Oct 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 all day long... Don't even get me started lol...
Cavey

31st Oct 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I chose a PS3, i use it for a lot more than just the games, streaming media and Blu-ray player etc... and i prefer PS controllers as well

That was my choice, and it's more future proof.

I'll probably get a 360 as well when it's easy to download games and chip them etc...
xa0s
Banned

31st Oct 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
PS3 all day long... Don't even get me started lol...

I really don't know how I bumped a year-old thread -- sorry guys. I only went to the 2nd page...

New Poll