corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Floor Tiling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Floor Tiling
Ally

User status: Offline
6th Jul 07 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some tiles from B&Q a while ago which have been sitting in the hallway

My cousin Adam from Swindon is going to come up and tile my hall through to kitchen for me, any one got any advice on prep i need to do?

I am going to take off the skirting (not much, about 3m all together) and replace it with the deeper stuff - should i do this before he tiles it?

Im very lucky to have him as he is pretty much doing it for nothing, as apposed to the £300 quote i had from a tiler which means i can have the hallway skimmed by September

I currently have my tumble dryer and the cats litter tray under the stairs, can i box it off with a condensor tumble dryer in there? Im not sure where the litter tray would go though

Oooo all this complicated planning

Just gotta find a cheap solution for the dreadful staircase now!

C2RL R

6th Jul 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from a tiling point of view i would leave the skirting off 'til the tiles are down. depends on the surface texture of your tiles tho. if they are flat then you will be ok.
mav

6th Jul 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo leave the skirting off until the tiles are fitted and then fit the skirting on top of the tiles as this makes for neater edges...

Floor prep all depends on the floor surface? concrete? Wood ? if it ain't very level always good to level it off with thin plywood etc.
Ally

6th Jul 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a concrete floor, is was screeded when the vynil went down but no doubt it will break up when i take the vynil off

Will take the skirting off before he tiles it, im going to have it skimmed so skirting will go back on after its had that done
sigibbons

7th Jul 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the screed floor is not level or uneven then use self leveling latex liquid. Oh and yes fit skirting after the tiles are down and scribe to tiles if needed.
Ally

10th Jul 07 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its level, i only had it screeded because i was having vynil - i wont be screeding it again because the tiler can sort out and little bits (we are only talking a few mm)

I shall start ripping the skirting off soon

New Poll