corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Been busy tiling kitchen **FINISHED**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been busy tiling kitchen **FINISHED**
Russ 200sx

User status: Offline
28th Jan 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This weekend i have mostly been tiling and lowering my cupboards glad to say i have nearly finished now, just have a couple of little cuts to do in the corners,grout them, paint the top where it is green at the moment, put the worktop upstands on and the plinths on the bottom of the cupboards.....and of course put the other cupboard back in te gap, i am quite pleased with the outcome as i have never tiled before in my life only watched my dad etc...

I will add pics of it totally finished, probably be next weekend.

Any idea's on colour for the top, bearing in mind we are having slate couloured tiling on the floor, we were thinking kind of a bright red but other peoples opinions would be nice

Before

During...

Nearly finished....

And the new sockets.... just waiting for the cooker one. Apparently they are the new brushed stainless range which are swirled to the middle....they looked good so i thought i'll have them.

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by Russ 200sx]

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by Russ 200sx]

[Edited on 04-02-2007 by Russ 200sx]

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by Russ 200sx]
Russ

28th Jan 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks decent, need a bigger cooker mate
Russ 200sx

28th Jan 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats next on the shopping list, we are after the separate grill/cooker as we cant grill our bacon and cook our chips at the same time The cooker was there when we moved in back in october so its slowly coming together
BlueCorsa

29th Jan 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks much better - cleaner and more modern just from a little change.

[Edited on 29-01-2007 by BlueCorsa]
mav

30th Jan 07 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks alot better, cleaner and fresh...
Russ 200sx

30th Jan 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, it looks even better now, had half day off work today to do some grouting, done that aswell as some other things, will get some more pics up later on, i am quite pleased with the progress and the change

I have bought the paint, Classic red its called, do you think it wll look ok?
Russ 200sx

4th Feb 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phew....nearly there now, jsut fot to paint the woodwork, fit the shelves for my wine rack down the side of the cupboards and tile the floor which will be a pain as it runs out of the kitchen and into the conservatory which joins onto the kitchen

Anyway heres some pictures, will get some more when completed.

And here isthe tile which are to be fitted

Ally

4th Feb 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice, not keen on the red thou

Floor tiles are nice!
Russ 200sx

5th Mar 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally i get to update this topic, i have now finished the kitchen, just a couple of very minor things to do like paint the new archtraive, an a couple of tiles and skirting around the french doors but all in all i am very happy with the finished product cosidering its the first time i have tiled alone.

Comments welcome

mav

6th Mar 07 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really good..Floor is very nice..Only thing I would have done is fit coving as I think it takes away the join between wall and roof and smoothes it off..

but...
C2RL R

6th Mar 07 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Floor tiling is tricky but looks like you've done a good job there. Have you thought about replacing that flourescent fitting? Never been a fan of flourescent lighting in houses. B&Q do some smart looking fittings these days. I always go for spot lighting that way you can highlight different areas of your kitchen that are used the most.
jaffa

6th Mar 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great

looking to do my kitchen soon, have tiled walls before, much difference between walls and floors?
Russ 200sx

6th Mar 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks very much for the comments

Mav - i was thinkin of putting coving up as it was very hard to get a good line as the colours are so different any mistake stands out like a sore thumb

C2RL- I have replaced the flourecent fitting, its brand new, there were spotlights there when i moved in but i dont like them as your always in your own shadow, whereas a strip light you dont get shadows

jaffa - there isnt much difference to be honest, just make sure they are level after laying each tile, may take a bit longer but at least you dont have an uneven floor then

New Poll