corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ring of Death = $1Billion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ring of Death = $1Billion
jay kay

User status: Offline
6th Jul 07 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Microsoft has said that it is facing a bill of more than $1bn to cover the cost of offering extended warranties, after failings with its Xbox 360.
The company admitted it had been forced to make "an unacceptable number of repairs" to the consoles after key hardware failed.

Customers who suffer the problems will now be given a free three-year warranty, the company said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6275728.stm

[Edited on 06-07-2007 by jay kay]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least tthey fixed them good on Microsoft.
willay
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also is steve going to post about how he bought his from tescos and took his back at 9pm one night or some shit?
jay kay

6th Jul 07 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it was going to be vxrdanny
Brett
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 06:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
also is steve going to post about how he bought his from tescos and took his back at 9pm one night or some shit?

Undoubtedly, it gets brought up everytime! haha
willay
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brett :kiss:
Nismo

6th Jul 07 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i thought it was the best console ever

Separately the company has announced an October launch of its advanced version of the Xbox - the Xbox 360 Elite - in Japan, where it lags behind Nintendo and Sony in the console market.

Brett
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It still is an ace console, and Microsoft honouring to fix any broken ones makes them even better tbh.

Still no probs with mine. Not had one problem in 6 months.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah heard this, ms are going to fix broken ones for free now
willay
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again like i said, good on them for doing the repairs, but i must say it does seem like alot of repairs for a console.

I'm comparing this to the last generation of consoles, PS2, Xbox etc.... I never remember these problems. But I guess now we are dealing with more technology, pushing out more data/heat etc. Or maybe itsall down to the companies (Sony, MS, Nintendo) pushing it out too fast without the proper R&D?
Nath

6th Jul 07 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff
RyanSxi

6th Jul 07 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh they do seem to die alot quicker/easier than older consoles. BUT who cares really if they will fix them for free AND give you a 3 year warranty. just a pain returning it unless you bought it from tesco like steve
dave17

6th Jul 07 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what about the people who have paid to get theirs fixed? or had to buy new ones? microsoft have caused themselfs alot of trouble
ed

6th Jul 07 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
again like i said, good on them for doing the repairs, but i must say it does seem like alot of repairs for a console.

I'm comparing this to the last generation of consoles, PS2, Xbox etc.... I never remember these problems. But I guess now we are dealing with more technology, pushing out more data/heat etc. Or maybe itsall down to the companies (Sony, MS, Nintendo) pushing it out too fast without the proper R&D?

Classic case of form over funcion if you ask me. They probably thought about how it looked before the worried about how it worked.
AdZ9

6th Jul 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about if mine breaks now, i've had mine 18 odd months now, will i get it fixed free if i get the red ring of death?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 07 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Joe

6th Jul 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on them imo, they were brilliant with me when mine died. Picked it up when they were supposed to, delivered early. Just took a while when they had it at the place, even then they just sent a replacement so could have been turned around within a week really.
Cosmo

6th Jul 07 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this a post to get the new topshot out of the woodwork?

New Poll