corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 16v rattle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 16v rattle
deacs

User status: Offline
29th Jun 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just picked up N plate 1.4 16v corsa sport, upon driving it home i could here a rattle around 2-3000 rpm, sounded like it was coming from the engine itself. any ideas at all? car also feels a little sluggish i think.
xtremewheels

29th Jun 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same problem i have mate! Noticed it today problem is rattles can come from anything, screws, bolts or major problems.
deacs

30th Jun 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is only on light throttle and sounds like its deffo coming from the engine. not a heatshield or loose bolts kinda rattle.
Lee Wilson

30th Jun 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust? may only be rattling at certain revs? Could be a bit of rust rattling in there or something.
kylesxi

30th Jun 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same noise at starts at 3000rpm sounds like a loose washer on a bolt or sumthing.
22B

30th Jun 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my 1.4 16V sport on a N plate, removed all the heat shields and still rattled, tried removing the heat shield above the cat and still it rattled. Finally found out it was the cat itself, it seems it had broken up and disintegrated so thats what caused the annoying rattle at around 3000rpm, another possibility could be the waterpump
kylesxi

30th Jun 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them are the two things i had in mind cat and waterpump.ive just put a belt kit on aswell and the water pump seemed ok no play or nothing so hoping its the cat
22B

30th Jun 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kylesxi
them are the two things i had in mind cat and waterpump.ive just put a belt kit on aswell and the water pump seemed ok no play or nothing so hoping its the cat

yep its a hard noise to explain to anyone, and it only happens at a certain RPM if i remember( was about 2 or 3 years ago when I had my last corsa). If you can try and a get someone to hold it at the rpm its making the noise at and listen under the car or around the engine bay
kylesxi

6th Jul 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any luck???
SHARPY

6th Jul 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this and it turned out to be the bracket from the secondary air pump rattling on the exhaust manifold
paolo

7th Jul 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine started doing this rattling up to 2-3000 revs took it to 3 garages and all three sed the big end has gone!! I thought it was ment too knock but its deffo a rattle

New Poll