corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Blog [Update [18/09/07] with pics] Builder's Started!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Blog [Update [18/09/07] with pics] Builder's Started!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jun 07 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got the keys on Friday; photos are to follow but the house is in need of full modernisation.

So far I've manage to:

Remove all carpets and Grip strips
Remove all Skirting boards
Remove all Dado Rails
Remove curtain rails and battons
Remove half of kitchen [Kepping other half for time being so we have somewhere to use]

Biggest job so far has been removing the artex, I've stripped two of the bedrooms, the stairs, landing and hallway and started the living room - Whoever invented artex is a twat - although it's coming off easily enough!

Tomorrows job is having the gas fire and it's gas pipework and cooker removed, making way for the log burner in the living room and range cooker in the kitchen.

Hopefully got plumber and electrician in over the next couple of weeks - few minor jobs and having a combi fitted upstairs.

The smell of fags is finally starting to go which is a bonus; everythings covered in tar, the light fittings, ceilings everything!!!

I'll post pics of the progress as I get them

[Edited on 19-06-2007 by LiVe LeE]

Update 1 - had keys about 7 weeks so far, nearky finished stripping the place; started drawing up the plans for the extension/interior work and building work, should be clearing the back garden over the next few weeks and laying the footings for the rear extension

[Edited on 05-08-2007 by LiVe LeE]

[Edited on 18-09-2007 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Living Room

Hallway looking into Living room

Makeshift Kitchen

Hatch from kitchen to Living room - this wall's being knocked out to double the size of the kitchen

RichR
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bathroom

Main Bedroom

second Bedroom

Third Bedroom

and the last of the foOKing artex!

RichR
Premium Member

5th Aug 07 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I took the artex off in the bathroom, the paint underneath on both the ceilings and walls was hot pink
RichR
Premium Member

18th Sep 07 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Builders started yesterday on the first stage of the build,

RichR
Premium Member

18th Sep 07 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and I've been working on increasing the size of the bathroom, we're losing the immersion heater and having a full combi system installed, so I can eat into the airing cupboard for extra room

New Poll