corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel Pump Help - 8v / 16v / ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Pump Help - 8v / 16v / ??
EarlofBarnet

User status: Offline
30th May 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Nova GSi engine in my Corsa and its running ok, but I think I could still do with fitting a bigger fuel pump. At the moment I'm using the original 1.2 pump.

Is the 16v pump different on the Corsa's?

I have a spare fuel pump off an SRi (not sure whether it was an 8v or a 16v) and it is longer and slightly wider than the 1.2 one. The problem came to fitting it as the casing must be different (slightly bigger?).

I've ordered a 16v casing from Vauxhall, which I'm collecting tomorrow, but I'm just not 100% sure if it'll be ok. Just I bought a complete SRi/GSi pump and housing off eBay that arrived today and it seems exactly the same as the 1.2 one. So they are either all the same (which I doubt) or the one off ebay wasn't as described.

Were there different fuel pumps on the Corsa's?!
Ste L

30th May 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pumps may look the same but will flow differently..

both 8v or 16v sri will be fine for the 1.6, just need an mpi or 16v pump..
EarlofBarnet

31st May 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted, stuck the 16v one on with the new housing from Vauxhall.

Think I've been robbed on ebay as the pump I got sent is a bit smaller than the 16v one I fitted. Be reet, was only a fiver.

Cheers Ste.

New Poll