corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » heated seats loom

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author heated seats loom
Ben ev

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got round to playing with the switches for the heated leather. put the switches into the loom behind the bit underneath the heater controls on the centre conole but cant seem to find were the relayed live ends up on the loom. ime guessing the 2 fuses in the box control the ign live to the switch as they elimunate etc (think they are marked as kl) so where is the switch end located to run under the carpet to the seats?
andyc1234

20th May 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aparently the loom is already there but i cant find mine. i wouldnt mind knowing which wires to stick were either
Ben ev

20th May 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the loom is there and fitting the swiches is no problem, when you turn them on they eluminate but i just need to no where the switched live ends up to connect it to the live on the seats. it has to go some where but would like to find the end of it rather than splicing the loom directly behind the centre console were the switches are mounted. loom kind of disapears behind the steering wheel area
andyc1234

20th May 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been told on here many times theres a plug under the carpet under the seat tried having a peek under the side but cant see anything im gonna take the seats out and rip the carpet up when i get time
Ben ev

20th May 07 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this gen as dont wont to be riping carpets up if ime not going to find anything
andyc1234

20th May 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just going off what people on here have said. i dont really fancy taking the seats out but i dont think theres any other way. some people have said the plug is taped up in the loom under the carpet anhd some people have said its just floating around under the carpet.
ad-sport

20th May 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im kinda joining the conversation half way thru but, are you wiring cali leathers in? iv got them fitted and would love them to b heated but im scared of setting fire to the lot! you say the loom is alredy there then? what switches are you using coz i bought some corsa c ones, will they do? ill be well happy if i just need to find a few wires coz was gunna atempt to make a lom but like i say it cud go up in flames!!!
Ben ev

21st May 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure as the loom for mine was already ther as its a gsi model. used cal turbo switches as they fit perfectly. cut the plastic cover on the centre console today. bodge the first attempt but took my time with the second set, looks pritty neat. mgt take the seats out at the weekend and see what i find as i pulled the carpet back around them but couldnt really see anything. seems strange that vauxhall would waste money on the loom etc and not fit heaters to any of the models. oh well
mattievRS

21st May 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plug for the seats is underneath the seat and carpet.if you pull the carpet back from the front of the car(dont need to remove seats) there is a loom running across the car from right to left,the plugs are taped into the loom and need to be carefully pulled out from underneath the tape.
Ben ev

21st May 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on. ile take a look tommorow
ad-sport

22nd May 07 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right iv got the seat plugs just a bit off modding on the plug(seat end) needed, now where the hell r the switch plugs??? all iv got under the centre console is my airbag ECU.
andyc1234

23rd May 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally given up ripped the dash out and stuck my own wire in. mmmm bum warmers
01pearsonj

23rd May 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive done quite a bit of research on this matter and have come up with a reasonable guide.
what i have found out is that if you have a pre 97 corsa you should have the loom. if you have a post 97 corsa you wont unless you have an uprated car such as cdx, sport, sxi and gls. Now if you have this loom its just plug in switches and seats, stick a fuse in and your laughing. Best thing to do to make sure you have the loom its remove the cover were the switches will be located and have a look. There should be a plug at the back (driver side green pass side black) if you have this then you have the full loom.
If you dont have the loom then it is much easyer to wire it up your self as i have found out the hard way, but you still need to get your self down to the scrap hard to get your self all the plugs to do it. All you need to do it take a feed from ignition live to your switches and then to your seats and a wire to be earthed somewere on the body and an inline fuse inbetween the live.

ad-sport

23rd May 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i say iv got the loom coz iv found the seat plugs but carnt find the switch plugs, are they around the heater controls?
01pearsonj

23rd May 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm if you take off the cover that surrounds the erm heater directional thing you can see two square slots on the left and right of it. If you can see something behind it then there is smething to connect to. If you can see directly through and can see the back of your dashbord there is no loom
ad-sport

23rd May 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill av a luk then crnt c it havin the seat plugs n not the switches, then agen its vauxhall init! iv bin thinkin about wirin the seats in 4 ages, just glad i luked on here otherwise would av made my own loom adding weight and probly tourched the lot aswell!
Ben ev

25th May 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i barely understand a word of that.
01pearsonj

25th May 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is there not 2 understand? its simple enough
Ben ev

27th May 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it helps anyone heres the switches mounted in the centre console
ad-sport

28th May 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found swith plugs< corsa c ones dont fit, unless you put em in upside down!! ordered corsa b and the facia bit to go with it should be get em in time for p.v- hopefully
Ben ev

29th May 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much was the real deal facia as i cut holes in mine but they could be better
01pearsonj

29th May 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i payed £11 from dealer
andyc1234

29th May 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid 14 quid had to wait 3 weeks for it to come in
ad-sport

30th May 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8quid! staff rate not got it yet tho like andyc said might av 2 wait a bit
Ben ev

10th Jun 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pulled back the carpet but this is the only multi plug can find coming from the loom near the drivers seat. think its the right one but not sure. also a single pin grey wire joins this loom halfway down it. not sure if its anything to do with the seats though. sorry for the bad quality.

[Edited on 10-06-2007 by Ben ev]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll