corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What would I need to...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would I need to...
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 05 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...wire up my heated seats?

^^ that's the wiring underneath, red and brown ones.

I'm guessing run a wire from the brown one to an earth, and then the red one comes from a live feed like the back of the fag lighter.

Problem is, I'll have to place a couple of switches in, and then I need to know if there should be a relay or thermostat to control the heaters.

I assume a couple of these switches would be suitable (from speeding.co.uk)

quote:

Heated Rear Screen PB (3008)
Original Equipment Quality Switches...Suitable for use in all cars...Comprehensive instructions & relay supplied....Soft Blue Glow around switch and on symbol Push to turn Heated Rear screen on Push to turn Off

Measures 2.5 cm across Mounting depth 5 cm & Requires hole 2 cm across...

Obviously says its for heated rear screen but I like the symbol on top

If anyone has a Vaux EPC and can look up the wiring loom for a cavalier or calibra with heated leather seats and post a screenshot I'd really appreciate it.

[Edited on 22-11-2005 by CorsAsh]
dna23

22nd Nov 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmfsl why does that look so unsafe
Rileysport

22nd Nov 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's gunna be a relay involved somewhere i'd think

i'm interested in how to do this too

[Edited on 22-11-2005 by SRi-Co]
mwg

22nd Nov 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates Corsa Sport had the wires there allready taped up under the carpet so he just plugged them in. He then wired up the switches up but dont know how and bought one of the plastic facia bits that goes around the pollen filter control thing and it allready came with the holes for the switches in it. It was ordered in from Germany cos apparently some Corsas over there come with heated seats as standard so the plastic bit allready has the holes and switches in it?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Nov 05 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove the Slider and you have the holes for the switches. Can be got out of a Vec or Cav.

There was a Model Corsa that had Heated Seats. CDX? Some higher specs will have the loom in there.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Nov 05 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a plug tapped up in the loom under each of the seats connect this to the cable comming from the seats then in the centre dash pop off the circo air flow panel (the oval thing with a slidey nob on it) Pictures above! The heated switches go in the plug holes now revealed.

This will get the heated seats working go to vauxhall and order the new surround (about a tenner) then it looks a proper job.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
CorsAsh

22nd Nov 05 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That slider surround with the switches in looks pap tho

I couldnt see any wires under my seats, and considering my corsa doesn't even have the wires on the loom for leccy windows and mirrors, I doubt it's gonna have seat warmers wired in...

Sam, it looks unsafe as I took that pic whilst in the middle of fitting the seats See my other thread

[Edited on 22-11-2005 by CorsAsh]
CorsAsh

22nd Nov 05 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=162977&highlight=heated+seats+corsa
CorsAsh

22nd Nov 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like I need to quiz the muppet!
N90ATH

22nd Nov 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd
Jake

22nd Nov 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think calibras have one of these to control the heated seats

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What would I need to... 24 database queries in 0.0124571 seconds