corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD!
Fro

User status: Offline
   18th May 07 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some idiot decided to cut me up and come into my lane on a roundabout and then brake hard causing me to go into the back of him

Bad boy bonnet split on one side also has dent in the middle, And a smashed headlight. Nothing major i know, but typical it happens before PVS

Will upload pics in morn if im up early enough

[Edited on 09-11-2007 by fro-dizzle]

[Edited on 23-12-2008 by fro-dizzle]

[Edited on 26-01-2009 by fro-dizzle]
mav

18th May 07 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not nice Fro.

He accepted responsibility for it mate?
Fro

18th May 07 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics i took earlier hard to see in the dark

His car...

Mine..

Fro

18th May 07 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
not nice Fro.

He accepted responsibility for it mate?

I fucking wish! he his going to try and go through my insurance and as soon as the police got there he started claiming about whiplash etc The coppers told him to GTF about whiplash as he was walking around and being normal etc. Have to see what the insurers say but even the copper (sound guy, who knew i was in the right) said that insurers will probably blame me as i went into the back of him. But he told me to keep contesting it and gave me tips of what i should do, Best copper i've met (and ive met a few!)
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
18th May 07 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the plus side, it doesn't look too bad, at least it's not totally mashed up. But still
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I asked because the situation did seem like the kind where they are trying to get a fraudulent claim. You hear about people who do stuff like this just to get the whiplash compo unfortunately mate

[Edited on 18-05-2007 by tom_simes]
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
On the plus side, it doesn't look too bad, at least it's not totally mashed up. But still

Hoping the dent in the bonnet will push out and will try and bend the BB part back down where its cracked and hoping to order new headlights tomorrow to make sure they get here for PVS.

Tom - the copper said he sees it all the time guy could potentially get 2-3 k if it goes through BUT he was well enough to walk around and drive away!! he tried to say he didnt cut into my lane to go the same way as me but he was going home which is guess what.....round the corner from me! So that should go in my favour.

Will try and do a diagram
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love diagrams
Ben G

18th May 07 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake pricks like this shouldn't be on the road. and they don't even have the balls of a real man to own up to their mistakes.

hope it's alright for you mate, badboy bonnet + an arteb headlight

any underneath damage to slam panel or anything?
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
fuck sake pricks like this shouldn't be on the road. and they don't even have the balls of a real man to own up to their mistakes.

hope it's alright for you mate, badboy bonnet + an arteb headlight

any underneath damage to slam panel or anything?

No mate luckily enough that's it bumpers in one piece with no cracks! (that i could see so fingers crossed), will have to get a pair of FK's, anyone want a drivers side one?
Ben G

18th May 07 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't see any damage on his car. looks like it's only a cheap runabout anyway.

got a claim going against me at the moment where a bloke pulle dout in front of me whilst i was already on the roundabout, makes you wanna hit them because they can't own up and admit it was ther fault

hope it all works out for you mate, by far one of the best 3 black corsas on here IMO
lil_g

18th May 07 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutely gutted atleast its not major damage like the chassis or something. hate pricks who'll do anything for a claim!
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Green block is the astra, Black block is me, red block is an omega. White line is other cars and white block is a van.

Solid lines are what happened each car has its respective colour

Astra's lan is to go around the roundabout i.e 2nd exit 3rd exit or completely around

Omega lane is for the 1st lane on the sliproad onto the a406

My lane is for the second lane of the slip road to the a406.

Lights go green and we all pull off, omega was level on my left, astra had pulled in front of me a bit,

The astra cuts in front of me as if to go up the second lane for the a406 ( which he denied after the crash)

The astra see's the van just after jumping infront of me and slams on the brakes.

I hit the brakes as soon as the astra has jumped over, can't stop in time then...bang into the back of him.
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
don't see any damage on his car. looks like it's only a cheap runabout anyway.

got a claim going against me at the moment where a bloke pulle dout in front of me whilst i was already on the roundabout, makes you wanna hit them because they can't own up and admit it was ther fault

hope it all works out for you mate, by far one of the best 3 black corsas on here IMO

Around ilford mate most of the cars are like that, his boot floor might have been pushed up a bit but his boot opened and closed fine so as far as he knows there is no damage.

I hope so too no chance of affording insurance on a 2.0 if i lose my 2 years no claims And cheers for the comment
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 01:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A406 - North Circular?

Which bit of it? I know the bit between the Ace Cafe and Alexandra Palace quite well, so I know its not there at all

Does seem like he is in the wrong, where did the van come from though?
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g04
absolutely gutted atleast its not major damage like the chassis or something. hate pricks who'll do anything for a claim!

Knobs eh. Tbh he was a bit of a dozy bastid!! He wouldnt give over his insurance details so i told him this is illegal and he should just give me them as that is what the police will do but still refused. rang police etc and told him they were coming. he then rings the police and starts asking for an ambulance even though he was fine and wanted to leave just after it happenned!
Ben D

18th May 07 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for you the Guy is obviously a badger!

even worse when it's Modified Parts that get broke, I think if that was my car the Bottom half would have crumbled into a big pile of Fibreglass and bog on the floor

I think have a Spare brand New Passenger side Headlight (standard) lying around somewhere if thats any help?

Also how dirty is your Car
AK

18th May 07 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a wee comment..

If he passed you and managed to slow down you should have been able too... thats how the Ins will see it.... you should have been able to avoid it.

Not saying it was your fault...
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fro, there may be a buyer for your single light:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=357660
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A406 - North Circular?

Which bit of it? I know the bit between the Ace Cafe and Alexandra Palace quite well, so I know its not there at all

Does seem like he is in the wrong, where did the van come from though?

Yeah the north circ, where the A12 meets it. inbetween the m11 junction and ilford junction.

The white line in front of the van is cars stopped at a traffic light. the van was on the end.
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
just a wee comment..

If he passed you and managed to slow down you should have been able too... thats how the Ins will see it.... you should have been able to avoid it.

Not saying it was your fault...

Exactly what the copper said. he passed me on the out side cut infront of me then slammed on the brakes, couldnt have avoided it.

But ive no doubt your right from the insurers point of view
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
18th May 07 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

It sounds like the green astra bloke only just got in front before jamming his brakes on, a late manouvre looking at the diagram too.
Fro

18th May 07 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fro, there may be a buyer for your single light:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=357660

He's after a black or crystal set Thanks though tom
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

18th May 07 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to make a coffee, still lots of essay left yet

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD! 22 database queries in 0.1960850 seconds