corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You know, Astra Sport Hatch diesels aren't all that bad. . .

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You know, Astra Sport Hatch diesels aren't all that bad. . .
deano87

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of grave digging, but wasn't worth creating a new thread just to say. . .

. . .I drove this today, and foooook me is it fast in Sport mode. Such a difference, throttle response in 2nd is too much, you couldn't do town driving in Sport mode. Turn Sport off, and it's just a fast diesel, turn it on, totally different car.

Comparing to dad's M3, it doesn't feel as planted. You could easily lose it in the Astra. Also, the steering is quite light.

Sport button does this strange thing. Mate was cruising at 60mph in 3rd, put Sport button on, don't put any pressure on throttle apart from what you'd do to keep it at 60mph, and the speed increases on its own.

Mate said it's going back to Thurlby to have bigger brake upgrade and possible remap. He will get a courtesy car, and I'm trying to get him to get the Corsa VXR he'll also getting the rear callipers re painted, as the red paint has burnt off

[Edited on 20-05-2007 by deano87]
M13RCF

20th May 07 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ka$h on corsa-c.co.uk has no 1 out of the 4 made

Toby
Premium Member

21st May 07 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at 60mph in my dads zafria sri 2.0 T you press the sport button and it gives him an extra 8 mph
Ben J

21st May 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the same on my 1.9 CDTI. Its because the Sport mode increases throttle response and shortens accelerator travel required.
Daimo B

21st May 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sports mode doesn't make it any faster at all. It just reduces the amount of travel needed on teh accelerator. So at 40% pedal push, the throttle is at 100%. (thats why when your foot is part way down, and you press Sports, you get a surge of acceleration. The throttle has just been opened more without moving your foot).

Also it stiffens up the suspension, thats it.

200bhp, 330lb ft.

Corsa B, it won't give him 8mph

The astra has a wavey ass, but if your driving it right you use this to your advantage. Its just the way the car is.

Bigger brake upgrade than 335mm and 4 pots.... Hmmmmmmmmm......
Ben J

21st May 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Sports mode doesn't make it any faster at all. It just reduces the amount of travel needed on teh accelerator. So at 40% pedal push, the throttle is at 100%. (thats why when your foot is part way down, and you press Sports, you get a surge of acceleration. The throttle has just been opened more without moving your foot).

200bhp, 330lb ft.

Corsa B, it won't give him 8mph
The astra has a wavey ass, but if your driving it right you use this to your advantage. Its just the way the car is.

Bigger brake upgrade than 335mm and 4 pots.... Hmmmmmmmmm......

At 30mph it increases speed by about 5mph

At 60mph it increases by about 8mph.

I've tried it.
Rob H

21st May 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

How does it do that then when it has nothing to do with the suspension . I think you mean the steering

By the sounds of it, if he's having a re-map then it didn't come with the remap to start with (there's only one currently available), so it's only a normal 150cdti - and IIRC because of the bits they put on, a bloody expensive one at that!
Toby
Premium Member

21st May 07 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

yeah this gives you the increase in speed from 60 to 68mph so it does make it faster, noone mentioned it increase topend, all i said was when the sport bbutton was activated speed increased from 60-68 which is what you said would happen as the thorrtle is more open, i think some one needs to read the post properly

[Edited on 21-05-2007 by CorsaB4ever]
CorsaKen1

21st May 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
Its the same on my 1.9 CDTI. Its because the Sport mode increases throttle response and shortens accelerator travel required.

Nice astra you have got, weird reading this thread about thurlby as just bought a astra from thurlby picking it up thursday:
deano87

21st May 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
By the sounds of it, if he's having a re-map then it didn't come with the remap to start with (there's only one currently available), so it's only a normal 150cdti - and IIRC because of the bits they put on, a bloody expensive one at that!

It has what ever the St8alth comes with, as it isn't a look-a-like.
Daimo B

21st May 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done Rob for spotting the typo... Stearing, not suspension

As for the 8mph thing, guys, read what i've written.... It doesn't give you 8mph, it gives you whatever surge forwards your foot is currently at. So if your only at 5% throttle, your going to get to about 75% throttle. The speed increase will depend on the gear and speed.

I did read it right, I've got a bloody VXR so i know

As for the remap, there is development work going on. Last I read into it was a good 3-4 months ago so im sure they've made progress since then. But it was an Exhaust, IC, remap combo. As said, the 200bhp is bascially a remapped 1.9 CDTi engine, with a few other bits n bobs.

[Edited on 21-05-2007 by VXR]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You know, Astra Sport Hatch diesels aren't all that bad. . . 22 database queries in 0.0100410 seconds