corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Looking into buying a house!! Advice?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking into buying a house!! Advice?
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
24th Apr 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking into buying a house/apartment in the near future!!

Just wondering a couple of things, as with the job I'm in, I can afford a nice semi, around about £150000, but I'm wondering if I would be better starting a bit lower down, and work my way up!!??

Im thinking along the lines of a nice modern terrace with attic conversion, or a modern apartment sort of thing??

What would you recommend as a first house!!?

Help welcome, and anyone who has recently moved into a house with any advice, etc!!

Cheers
Cosmo

24th Apr 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy whatever you can afford basically. If you can afford to go bigger then do so, as no real reason to start lower down unless your going to look into cheaper areas that may rise in value more than other, etc.

So work out what you can afford, what bills will be, what other costs of living will be (food, car, etc.) and then just go for a house you like and can afford.
Ally

24th Apr 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo buy what you can afford, there will be masses bills every month that you'd not think of (see useful links thread - theres a thread in the with bills on)

Semi for £150k on a repayment mortgage will be what, £885 @ 5% over 25 years, plus £500 for bills (with varying council tax depending on your area) food and fuel you'll need to be taking home £1700 a month

This is coming from someone who bought their first house, and underestimated every bill even thou i was given sound advice to go on its been hard work the first year, im on my feet now thou!

Honestly, MINIMUM of £1700 take home as you'll need emergency money as well (road tax, boiler services etc)

New Poll