corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » :o( What would you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author :o( What would you do?
Macca_G

User status: Offline
   3rd Dec 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Just a quick query totally non-car related... But would really appreciate any kind of advise off the knowledgeable and wise people on here

Basically me and my ex GF got a house together paid £100,000 for it (joint mortgage) It comes out of my bank account and I used to pay it as I earn more than her.....We also got a £7000 loan to pay for TV, Sofa and paid her car off... We lived there for a year and the house has gone up to £128,000.. She then "Did the dirty" on me... that was the end of the relationship... We have been split up 4 months now and she has only paid me 1 half-mortgage payment… The house is not yet sold but is up for sale... and we will split the profit 50/50 when it is sold... Basically just wanted to know if anyone else has been through this and what they did…? I can’t afford £130 an hour for solicitors so was hoping somebody might have an idea of what was the best way to go about this.. She really did stick the knife in by running off with a mate and not paying any mortgage and I would love some personal revenge and sort out what I’m entitle to… Cheers guys!
BeArDy

3rd Dec 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate as theres some kind of law nowawdays is you live withsomeone for over a year then they are allowed 1/2 of everything.

best person to talk to is Kerry as she has been threw it all. shes your best person to talk to, as i think she go all the money....
John

3rd Dec 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak really quickly and try not to use a whole hour up
BeArDy

3rd Dec 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get free advice aswell
3CorsaMeal

just read the post and thats pretty harsh
Andy GSi

gutted for ya mate. well i have not been that far yet, with house etc. but i can imagine what u must b feeling! hope it all goes well for ya
stubbsy05

I'd try the Citizens Advice Burea. They quite often have a regular solictitor offering advice for free
3CorsaMeal

quote:
Originally posted by x8john
speak really quickly and try not to use a whole hour up

LMFAO
3CorsaMeal

3rd Dec 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
I'd try the Corsa Advice Burea.

always a safe bet
Andrew

3rd Dec 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is a child in the picture then what happens is the guys half goes to the child whn s/he is 18. A mate of mine has just done through it all
Ally

3rd Dec 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work out exactly how much she owe's you and take it off her profit from selling the house
Andrew

3rd Dec 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to go and see a solicitor mate. Get as much evidence as you can -- i.e. bank statement etc. Go and see the bank if you haven't got them still and they should be able to print you one off at a small cost.
Macca_G

3rd Dec 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
nah mate as theres some kind of law nowawdays is you live withsomeone for over a year then they are allowed 1/2 of everything.

best person to talk to is Kerry as she has been threw it all. shes your best person to talk to, as i think she go all the money....

Does Kerry still come on here?? Not been on here for a while.. Would appreciate some adivse off her if she's about

Then Maybe citizens advise and or solicitors..

Cheers AndiSRI

If anyone else has been through this it would be good to hear from you ...Ta
Half Pint

3rd Dec 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure she appears on the back of a milk carton !!!!!

Colin

3rd Dec 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Employ a hitman to 'take her out' - much cheaper than her getting half and will make you feel good too
Half Pint

3rd Dec 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take loans out in her name and take the money !
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Dec 04 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

DO IT DRY
Half Pint

3rd Dec 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

DO IT DRY

Oi do some work !
MarkM

3rd Dec 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im doing Law in uni and have just covered this scenario...its all about providing a beneficial interest in proprty...to do with equity...

However your better off paying for a solicitor as you will need one...there will be thousands hanging in the balance of a decision so you want the best help you can get...
Kerry

3rd Dec 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in a nutshell

sept 1999 meet mr ex take out 5k bank loan to pay off his debts. payments are taken from my bank account.
july 2001 me and mr ex buy a house. mortgage payments are taken from my bank account
march 2002 sleeps with best mate so i kick him out. mortgage payments are still taken from my bank account
august 2004 house is sold and 50k profit is made. mortgage payments now stop from my bank account
dec 2004 mr x takes me to court for half the profit. loan payments are still going out of my bank account

Ally

3rd Dec 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asshole

U got luke now thou kez
vibrio
Banned

3rd Dec 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not married and the fact that the house is only worth 28K more means that you'll only get 28+ what ever you have paid off. now as she has not actually paid anything to the house you could argue that she is not actually due any of the profit on the house. if the loan is in your name then your entitled to the goods bought with the money. however I would seek advice. she would need proof that she has paid towards the mortgage. best seek advice.
Kerry

3rd Dec 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fact she hasnt paid towards the mortgage is irrelavent believe me i have tried that one
Paul_J

4th Dec 04 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things are so fucked up with the law system?

How is someone entitled to profit from something they haven't even paid for? It just really doesn't make sense!
Mark Petty

4th Dec 04 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fact is she owns half of the property and probably will want half. I doubt very much that they look in to whos paying mortgage etc.
For example I pay all the mortgage on my place and my gf pays bills. It would be unfair for her if we split and I said as I paid mortgage I want the flat.

Basically I reckon you will have to split the profit
sorry mate as I can tell she was in the wrong and it looks like she didn't pay fcuk all

Not sure how u stand on the loan side though, as it was in your name you may be lucky and get the items.

Best thing is to speak to a solicitor to see where you stand, I don't think they will charge unless they have to do something.

[Edited on 04-12-2004 by Mark Petty]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » :o( What would you do? 22 database queries in 0.1868229 seconds