corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B
Black Sapphire SXI

User status: Offline
10th Apr 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I`ve got a Corsa 3 pot on a V plate, when the car comes to a stop I get a smell of petrol i`ve checked all the pipes and can see no signs of a leak, but while browsing this forum I canme across this picture

and am wondering what the canister with the pipes coming off is, would I just take the wheel liner out to get access or will the wing have to be removed. Would my car have this and if it`s not petrol related anyone have any ideas of where the smell is coming from.
Joe

10th Apr 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine the leak is on the fuel tank if there is nothing obvious. They usually go rusty on the top so you can't really see.
Black Sapphire SXI

11th Apr 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody know what the canister in the above pic is for
Fro

11th Apr 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a carbon canister i believe will try and find my post about it a while ago.
Fro

11th Apr 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Just done a search and found a post where Dave A said the charcoal canister connects vapour from the fuel tank, Could it be this that has been causing my niggly problems, will try and sort it out when i can see. Thanks for all your replies peeps will post up the outcome
Fro

11th Apr 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this searching through google.

"Canister Purge Valve Control
This vacuum operated valve vents fuel vapour from the carburettor bowl to the charcoal canister. If the vacuum is breached the charcoal canister will flood, causing the air/fuel mixture to become very rich. This will cause the converter to overheat and eventually fail."
Black Sapphire SXI

11th Apr 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how do you access this canister does the wing have to come off or just the liner, oh and what was your niggly problem
Black Sapphire SXI

11th Apr 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right problem now sorted I got access to the canister by uncliping the wheel liner and used a new longer length of ventilation pipe and routed it to the from of the car.

New Poll