corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » stupid customers.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stupid customers.
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 07 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Probably why PTS in Luton have the most ridiculously big speed bumps on the way to their shed thingy.

They are fucking ridiculous.
I know of one person who went there for an exhaust repair, then ripped it off on a speedbump on the way out and had to have it done again

i went to go get a part for a friend and actually couldnt get into there car park bit so had to park up and walk in, they are near on dangerous and could do some serious damage!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TIMBO1
Q.can i have a a vsport sticker...........
A. no

im just imagining this bit of the conversation and it make s me chuckle

Me too

Imagine the guy twiddling his thumbs and looking at his feet then saying that

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
marklaruk

3rd Apr 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to be hitler
therock2444

3rd Apr 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well working with joe public is fun though
we one time had a woman buy 2 disposable bbq's and she brought them bac complaining coz she had put them in the freezer and when she defrosted them there was no meat and sausages etc..inside like the pic on the box silly bint lol
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by therock2444
well working with joe public is fun though
we one time had a woman buy 2 disposable bbq's and she brought them bac complaining coz she had put them in the freezer and when she defrosted them there was no meat and sausages etc..inside like the pic on the box silly bint lol

You're talking shit, that was on GMTV, or in the paper - I forgot; but it didn't happen to you

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
therock2444

3rd Apr 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it did trust me i work in a supermarket
Gaz

3rd Apr 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you fail to realise though is not EVERYONE is experinced in your feild.

I find it VERY ignorant when people just dont want to help/explain things.

I was in a paint shop the other day and i was asking for P400 sanding disc's and Primer's
Shop 1: just didnt want to know - basically told me that you cannot get that grade of paper
Shop 2: helped like fuck and explained things, he could see i was struggling with his range of primers and came around the front to show me which one i should use, he also explained that i would need an Etch-primer also.

After that experince it has give me confidence in the fact that if i need help i can ask them, rather then being fucked off.

You will only loose business if you fuck the people off who dont really know whats what.

Some of the lesser knowledged people can be in quite a big group and if word goes around that your not very helpful, your only shooting yourself in the foot.

(Dave- this isnt directed at you specifically, its more of a generalisation of companys)
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a guy come back with some hubcaps he bought from us, was funny as hell as the boy who had bought them had a bit of a reputation and had to get his dad to sort it out.

He chucked them onto the desk and said we had sold him the wrong ones, was asked if he had bought the wrong size.
He said no, these where 5 stud and his car was a 4 stud.

Without laughing we did explain to him that there hubcaps and the nuts are only for show.
Squashed his ego abit there.

Couldnt believe how thick he was, i mean he didnt even try them on first.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Apr 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz

I find it VERY ignorant when people just dont want to help/explain things.

I was in a paint shop the other day and i was asking for P400 sanding disc's and Primer's
Shop 1: just didnt want to know - basically told me that you cannot get that grade of paper
Shop 2: helped like fuck and explained things, he could see i was struggling with his range of primers and came around the front to show me which one i should use, he also explained that i would need an Etch-primer also.

After that experince it has give me confidence in the fact that if i need help i can ask them, rather then being fucked off.

You will only loose business if you fuck the people off who dont really know whats what.

Some of the lesser knowledged people can be in quite a big group and if word goes around that your not very helpful, your only shooting yourself in the foot.

(Dave- this isnt directed at you specifically, its more of a generalisation of companys)

I give genuine customers hours of my time and plenty of help. I try and save time and money by just going along with idiots that fit 'strait froo' exhausts to go street racing and get them out of the door as quickly as possible. they dont have any money and I dont want my company to be associated with their dodgy streetracing antics.

at the same time he was in there was a customer with an evo4 that thought it was hilarious and I managed to get him booked in for a £5k engine build. its all about directing your time and efforts to the right customers.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz

This is true, but if Dave had said 'you haven't got 155bhp mate' the lad would have got arsey and wasted lots of time.

Sometimes, you just need to get people out the door as they really are stupid, and you can't get them to listen.

It's always the ones who think they know what they're talking about who are the pain in the arse customers.

Genuine people who are asking a question though (like you were with the sandpaper) should get help with it, I agree totally.
Gaz

3rd Apr 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what your sayig Dave, But being someone who doesn't know all that much on things that i would like to do. Its very off-putting and quite disheartening.

I would warn any of my mates of the "Shop-1" i was on about in my previous post,just because he was a wanker. My mates are the type of guys that would have used that shop too.
So i would recommend them to go to shop 2 from now on.

I do fully understand that you need the right customers, but he could have been a sale if you had more time.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, you can always tell who is a sale and who is a timewaster straight away tbh.
Gaz

3rd Apr 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's always the ones who think they know what they're talking about who are the pain in the arse customers.

Really dont want you to think that i am arguing here but the next bit might sound as though i am.

When i go into a shop (im sure other will do this) i Try my hardest to say things in there languge, and try to help them help me if you know what i mean.
I know the exact type you mean, they are the cocky ones.

Maybe i come across like that to shops :S
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz

This is true, but if Dave had said 'you haven't got 155bhp mate' the lad would have got arsey and wasted lots of time.

Sometimes, you just need to get people out the door as they really are stupid, and you can't get them to listen.

Genuine people who are asking a question though (like you were with the sandpaper) should get help with it, I agree totally.

Totally agree there, i have all the time in the world for the right customers, the 'wrong' customers where i work are normally older people who spend hours finding out every little detail about one product and then come in to test you on it, for my first month working there i wasnt up to scratch on some of our products and as soon as i would say something wrong they would just rip into you, but now i pretty much research every product before it goes out on the shelves, and even now they come in and try and test you but as soon as you tell them everything they just walk off and you end up wasting 15 minutes

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Dave A

3rd Apr 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I do fully understand that you need the right customers, but he could have been a sale if you had more time.

he would never have been a sale as he was a pennyless chav that probably drives with no insurance etc... and I never argue or disagree with customers, I will be helpfull as possible but put it this way, 2 customers in at the same time,

customer1: has wheelpun through the carpark with a stupidly loud exhaust, has his tracksuit trousers tucked in his white socks, cap balancing on his stupid looking head at a funny angle with rockport boots on, and goes on about street racing and how his 106 beats pulsars 'down da seefrunt'

customer 2: has pulled up at the same time as customer 1, but this time in a polite and respectible manor in his evo 4. waited patiently while listening to the little gimp spouting shit and then asks genuine questions about what we can do for him and prodcuts we offer. (as opposed to trying to impress me for some reason with his streetracing rubbish) we chat for about an hour, car is booked in for a full service and we are currently going though the process of arrangine his engine build, deposit placed, Vsport sticker bodged on the boot, 600bhp on the way
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
quote:

Really dont want you to think that i am arguing here but the next bit might sound as though i am.
When i go into a shop (im sure other will do this) i Try my hardest to say things in there languge, and try to help them help me if you know what i mean.
I know the exact type you mean, they are the cocky ones.
Maybe i come across like that to shops :S

That's not what I mean Gaz

It's only really in the motor trade it happens, and they're always young lads, you tell them they're wrong, they say they're not.

I'm sure you don't do that
Gaz

3rd Apr 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i understand in that situation. Im just saying that you should not always fuck customers off just because of their attitude/Dress sense etc.

600bhp from a sticker? bloody good them boy!
Gaz

3rd Apr 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i need to get into the moter trade haha!
Dave A

3rd Apr 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
yeah, i understand in that situation. Im just saying that you should not always fuck customers off just because of their attitude/Dress sense etc.

600bhp from a sticker? bloody good them boy!

no that was just the service, the sticker added a further 20bhp.
c20let

3rd Apr 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cap balancing on his stupid looking head at a funny angle with rockport boots on

DaNnY_LaD

3rd Apr 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
does anyone else have to deal with customers as daft as some of the ones I get? for example:

customer: I want to make my 106 gti faster
me: how fast?
customer: faster than it is now as I have already got a "strait froo zorst"
me: what sort of power are you after?
customer: about 170bhp
me: well how about some tb's, cams, management etc and a proper exhaust system?
customer: how much is that?
me: from £2500+ depending what spec you want and what you use the car for
customer: thats loads of money, and I use it for racing
me: ok, well if you are serious about competeing you need to spend the money in the right places, no point skimping
customer: well how come tb's only gain 15 bhp? I already got 155bhp from my 'strait froo' and k&n
me: what kind of racing do you do again?
customer: street racing for money down the seafront
me: erm, ok
customer: can I have a vsport sticker?
me: no

[Edited on 03-04-2007 by Ian]

quote:
followed by lots of wheelspin shrough my nice clean carpark

Sorry Dave I was In a Hurry '' I FIVE''

[Edited on 03-04-2007 by DaNnY_LaD]
grogan

3rd Apr 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave, can i have a vsport sticker?
mav

3rd Apr 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

working with the public is not good

can you make my T4 hit 400bhp for £500...

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it's possible for £500 Mav, just depends how long you want it to work for
mav

3rd Apr 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » stupid customers. 23 database queries in 0.0963259 seconds