corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU light flashing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU light flashing
DimDG

User status: Offline
30th Mar 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I turn the key in my Corsa B GSi, the ECU light starts flashing and the engine doesn't start. Any ideas??

Take note that my car doesn't have immobilizer...

[Edited on 30-03-2007 by DimDG]
DimDG

31st Mar 07 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone??
I unplugged the ECU and replugged it but the light keeps flashing...
Scotty C

31st Mar 07 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flashing?

Never heard of that before!

Tried a paper clip test?
mattievRS

31st Mar 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

immobiliser mate.
g-man

31st Mar 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup. Flashing MIL on a VX with no starting is immobiliser.
Jake

31st Mar 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he doesnt have an immobiliser
g-man

31st Mar 07 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B. What engine? If it's an X anything then it does have an immobiliser built into the ECU.
mattievRS

31st Mar 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
He said he doesnt have an immobiliser

reckon it does,as g-man said! its a common miss conseption as ive got a 1996 corsa b and that has a factory fit immob.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Apr 07 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every Corsa unless it has and old square key should have an immobiliser.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa doesn't have an immobilizer and that's 100% for sure.
The engine is the X16XE. Used to be a X14XE but changed it in 2000, when I fit the steinmetz throttle bodies and had the original ECU sent to Steinmetz (Germany) and received another ECU reprogrammed by Steinmetz. This problem with the flashing ECU light has happened again in the past, but after turning the key a few times it always stopped, now it doesn't stop!!
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why should any of that remove ur immobiliser just because you dont have to do anything to start it doesnt mean it doesnt have one it normally takes care of itself which its obviosly not doing
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
why should any of that remove ur immobiliser just because you dont have to do anything to start it doesnt mean it doesnt have one it normally takes care of itself which its obviosly not doing

It's not possible to have an immobiliser when u can start the engine with a key that is not from opel!!! I have been doing this for 13 years now since when I had purchased the car I had made a copy of the key in a local shop for keys!!!
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the hell is your car. u say its a gsi but it used to have a 1400 in it in but now you have a 1600 in it. its just a bit wierd trying to figure out how its all plugged in if its been wired in to bypass the immobiliser on a x16xe ecu
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what the hell is your car. u say its a gsi but it used to have a 1400 in it in but now you have a 1600 in it. its just a bit wierd trying to figure out how its all plugged in if its been wired in to bypass the immobiliser on a x16xe ecu

Why would I lie about my car?
It used to be a 1400 sport, in 1999 I changed the engine with a X16XE one. It must have been wired to bypass the immobilizer (I didn't do the conversion by myself), I am not sure if the steinmetz dealer in greece changed the ecu or just had it remapped. The only thing for sure is the car didn't have immobiliser when I bought it...
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying ur lying about anythin. i didnt mean to sound like im trying to be a prick its just a bit wierd how its been wired up. has it still got the transponder for the immobiliser under the steering wheel surround
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not saying ur lying about anythin. i didnt mean to sound like im trying to be a prick its just a bit wierd how its been wired up. has it still got the transponder for the immobiliser under the steering wheel surround

No no! It doesn't have anything like that since as I said the car didn't originally have an immobiliser...
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering its hard to know how its been done without seeing the wiring . any chance of u getting hold of the people that did the conversion try find out how they did it ?
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just wondering its hard to know how its been done without seeing the wiring . any chance of u getting hold of the people that did the conversion try find out how they did it ?

I had done the conversion in an opel dealer and the mechanics don't work there anymore, as I said the conversion had been done 8 years ago So it's impossible to contact them now...
I am just wondering this: In the past it did the same thing but after knocking gently the ECU it stopped flashing and the engine used to start (strange but true I know!). Now it's impossible! I'm trying to make it start 3 days now with no luck...
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only reason i asked if it still had the transponder floating around is iv heard people just sticking the key chip to it with sticky tape and then poking it all up inside the dash. they must of messed about with it some how where ever it is either that or you might just have a loose wire some where. have you had the ecu panel off in the footwell
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
only reason i asked if it still had the transponder floating around is iv heard people just sticking the key chip to it with sticky tape and then poking it all up inside the dash. they must of messed about with it some how where ever it is either that or you might just have a loose wire some where. have you had the ecu panel off in the footwell

Yeap, I've had it on the footwell and checked all the connections of the wire, even squeezed them onto their connections to see if there are any loose ones but no luck...
Even unplugged the ECU and plugged it again (i've done many times in the past too) but still nothing...
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try slapping it harder
DimDG

1st Apr 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
try slapping it harder

I did believe me...
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange it still doesnt work i thought hitting things solved everything. sounds like its gonna be rip the wires out and start again with it .

[Edited on 01-04-2007 by andyc1234]
shauny bizzle

6th Apr 07 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the wires are still there for the transponder reader then plug one in and see if it works im guessin u still have a cip in ur key, its jus an idea a broken wire may of lead it to go bk to the standard set up

New Poll