corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Protech manifold-Stupid lambda position

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Protech manifold-Stupid lambda position
Vaux Lad

User status: Offline
29th Mar 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just giving my cousin a hand fitting a stainless protech exhaust manifold to his corsa sport, but i've notice it has lambda bosses on just the primaries.
So it will be monitoring oxygen from just one cylinder, quite stupid if that cylinder decides to run rich/lean for some reason, and the ecu adjusts the whole engine.

Have people just fitted there lambda into the std boss? Or had a lambda boss welded into the collector where it can monitor all 4 cylinders?
andyc1234

29th Mar 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just put my sensor in the hole my manifold came with think its on cyl 3 never had any problems with it .
Vaux Lad

29th Mar 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, i'll put it there for now.
Should get it sorted asap tho, no doubt the lambda probe will be obstructing gas flow slightly too.
Scotty C

29th Mar 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point mate, never thought of it like that. As for mine, I just put it in the 1st hole at the top and never had a problem.

New Poll