corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Speakers - Wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speakers - Wiring
haller14

User status: Offline
27th Mar 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking into getting some Floorstanding speakers

ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS POWERFORCE 2000

and dont think i can hook them up to my Hi-Fi. My hifi has 8 speaker ports on the back.

2 speakers - 2 tweeters - 4 + 4 = 8

a pic so i dont confuse you

How can i go about, getting new speakers and keeping my old ones? Is it easy to do.

Can someone please explain.

More pics of Hi-Fi can be provided
haller14

28th Mar 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone??
Dom

28th Mar 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those speakers are bi-wireable but usually/should come with two metal plates that slot in between the 4 posts on the back of each speaker allowing you to connect a single cable (one set of + & -) to each speaker.

However, you want to run your current speakers and the new ones?....well unless you amp can handle the load then i very much doubt you can do that!
haller14

28th Mar 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i was to get the speakers, i wouldnt be able to use my old ones unless i amp them?

anyone got pic's of there wiring etc?
drunkenfool

28th Mar 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that part of a toshiba system that is quad amped and quad speakered (if that makes sense)? I know my sisters system had seperate outputs on the back of the stereo for left speaker bass, left speaker mid, left speaker treble, right speaker the same. If that's the case, then I got no idea how you can wire up different speakers to it, as I dont know how the different signal frequencies and power ratings would mix together to power the speakers. If thats not the case then just ignore me anyway

New Poll