corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics of damage caused from ebay sellers powdercoated rocker cover

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pics of damage caused from ebay sellers powdercoated rocker cover
Jules

User status: Offline
26th Mar 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking Zoe - brown nose!
Liam

26th Mar 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Well he should do his best to fuck him over really then

If not the tax man, someone should do something about his "site"
All Torque

26th Mar 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Mig is fucking terrible, i cant belive some of them on there, some of the mod in that post make me laugh

Aye, Lee69 is a bit of a knobend
All Torque

26th Mar 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saying that... After the Meriva racing/revving/kaning activities at the Grasshopper Inn meet I can honestly say I wish for MIG to fuck off!
mwg

26th Mar 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet all the people that are saying they would of checked it and cleaned it wouldn't of done if it was them. Hindsight is a marvellous thing
Carl

26th Mar 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
I bet all the people that are saying they would of checked it and cleaned it wouldn't of done if it was them. Hindsight is a marvellous thing

exactly what i was thinking to be honest.
Fad

26th Mar 07 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I don't understand the people's tireless devotion to the (alleged) seller of the cover. It's a fairly black and white case I'd have thought, why be at such pains to defend someone who clearly doesn't have much of a conscience?

At the end of the day, perhaps pending an engineer's report, an expensive engine has been destroyed by what is a defective part.

If you went to Vauxhall for a new set of cambelt rollers and they supplied you with the notorious plastic ones which later disintegrated and caused a catastrophic failure, it would be their fault as the supplier I'd have thought... same logic applies here.

[Edited on 26-03-2007 by CorsAsh]

Havent bothered to read the thread but i got ripped off and am still out of pocket from one of their memebers and admin nor any of the other members helped me and instead just covered for ths jerk.

I just look at them as a tool for resources when i need it but would never dream of becoming a pad meber due to the lack of respect for people with a genuine concern all due to 'clicky' groups

Look how Ian runs this board with reason and always around keeping an eye on things inspite of its growth....to think they can criticise Corsa owners is a joke beyond reasoning.
Kano

26th Mar 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading through the Mig thread im highly confused.. lol

I've rebuilt engines and Im very mechanical however if I sent a rocker cover to be powder coated I would clean it out, BUT I would not for one minute know any better than to fit it even if the underside was coated. Unless you know about the heat tolerances etc how would he have ever seen this as an issue?

Fair do's he was stupid not to give it a clean (as in wash out) but why the hell he would think oh I'll just strip this powder coating off goes way over my head..

nickyboy01

26th Mar 07 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think anyone is denying Emotionless Passion sold him a part that was abviously flawed, its clear to see that it was.

The fact is that although the part was in effect faulty it was 2nd hand and should have been checked before installing. I wouldnt dream of putting something on my engine that was 2nd hand unless i had checked it was ok first. What if the inside of the cover had some metal filings or something in it from a workshop and had got into the engine? You cant blame the seller for that if it wasnt checked/cleaned before fitting.
Another thing was the fact the oil pump seized up 3 times, did no-one twig that something may be causing it to do so? If i had spent that much on an engine and the oil pump seized i would want to know why on the first occasion.

I'm not siding with Chav in the slightest but if it comes to court action, from experience at a small claims court this is exactly what they will use in the argument.
ainsley_brader

26th Mar 07 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
Another thing was the fact the oil pump seized up 3 times, did no-one twig that something may be causing it to do so? If i had spent that much on an engine and the oil pump seized i would want to know why on the first occasion.

That fact, that wasn't mentioned to begin with, does change things somewhat. After the first pump had failed I think I would have pulled the whole lot apart to see why and if any damage had already been caused.

Doesent change the fact that chav sold a part that wasn't fit for purpose though!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Mar 07 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunts
chr15barn3s

27th Mar 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe im wrong but would cleaning it actually do anything?

From what I read the problem seems to be where the powder coat has come off due to the heat so surely cleaning it first wouldnt do anything
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Mar 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any idiot that powdercoats the inside of a rockercover needs their head lookung at.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Mar 07 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
a rare post...........

to clarify oil pump issues. an oil cooler pipe split at crail, resulting in the car being taken on an aa wagon home. i chanced it, and fitted a new pump just to see if the engine was knocing, it wasnt. anyone that knows these engines well enough will know you do not have to take the rocker cover off to do a pump, so i didnt. i didnt look. didnt think about it as i wasnt to know. oh well. the pump that died was one with sbd internal gears and nylon release valve. the release valve then stuck again about 4 weeks later, i didnt like the metal ones anyway so quickly somehow removed it, and fitted another nylon one. this was fine for a few months. saying that i didnt drive the car much due to unemployment etc. although it still got atleast one run out a week. it became odd on start up, like 2-3 cylinders. had compression checked, all was fine. began to think maybe lifters are fucked. so i got some ordered up to replace, then the oil pump release valve went again. this is when we found the cause, as the rocker cover had to come off.

you can say all day long i should have checked etc. but really, should i have? i was not to know it was going to be powdercoated on the inside, would any of you lot? you all say youd check, but like fuck you would. it was fitted late on a night in the garage, where the light isnt awsome, so i didnt notice. had the rocker cover been red or blue, then yeah you would see it right away.

there is no way that any of the blame can be sided on to me. regardless of what people may think, sale of goods act etc says otherwise, you know, that government ruling all those years ago?

edit - if the advert had stated it needed cleaned, i would have done so. also, emotionless passions ebay listings terms and conditions say all items are taken to be stripped of paint etc. so how does that explain them powdercoating over oil and shite on the inside of the rocker cover? or basically theyre a poor outfit and should be avoided at all costs. as in the cost of 400 horses and 4 grand. perhaps.

[Edited on 27-03-2007 by muppetsport]
Jules

27th Mar 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nick - it's totally irrelivent where you fitted the rocker cover - how dark it was, what time of day it was, how much of a hurry you were in, what colour it was or anything - all that does is give those twats on MIG a chance to say stupid things like "Well you should of fitted it in good light in the daytime and taken your time" - but the fact of the matter is that you were sold a product unfit for it's purpose, you can't be expected to examine and check these items, I'm not a qualified mechanic and wouldn't know what to look for - yes I know a bit about cars as do you but we're not qualified to inspect these items and neither should we be expected to!
If however there was a note saying that the seller suggests you have them inspected before fitments as there maybe a chance of some of the coating coming off during use it'd be a different story - but there isn't so I think it's unreasonable to expect the buyer to do it.
If you bought a backbox would anyone take it to Quik Kit for them to pre-approve it before you fitted it? No, you'd assume that it was upto the job it was sold to you on the basis for!
I wish you all the best if it does end up in the small claim courts and I hope he get's fucked over - not just for your sake but for other potential future customers - I wonder how many items like this he has sold in the past where there have been engine problems that weren't inspected?
I'd say that from the pics of seen of some of his products then you aren't the only one - you're just the only one who has bothered to inspect the cause behind the failure.
Powder coating the INSIDE of a inlet manifold? Mask it off you lazy, robbing, school girl chasing perv.

Fucking cowboy

[Edited on 27-03-2007 by Jules]
corb

27th Mar 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG, mig people need to get down off their high horse Do they think they're something special?
Rob B

27th Mar 07 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao, how stuck up there own arse are they, if i was in his position id be fuming few grand engine down the drain and all they can do is stick up for the lad who sold it them, the mods are no better with his last comment, bunch of pricks
ShEp

27th Mar 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally Posted by robmarriott
That's a bit like saying MIG is full of old men who own Cavaliers.

hit, nail, and head i think

bunch of arrogant tossers, if it was one of them with their turbo'd armchair they'd be all up in arms about it,

gettin a migweb lawsuit against the ebay seller

hope everything works out muppet, its a shame what happened,
ssj_kakarot

27th Mar 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er you should go and see a solicitor im pretty sure you have a good case to sue for negligence although im in no way an expert but thinking back to my law classes in uni i think you might have a case.

something along the lines of because he is the seller and deemed the expert the responsibilty lies with him to make sure no adverse effects should come from the fitting of the part he sold its got nothing to do with you.

but like i said i may be wrong but i would definetly see a solicitor for advice.
burgess

27th Mar 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chavtastic is a absolute knob
sent him my own brand spankin new inlet to be chromed
6 months later it finally turns up and looks wank
very very poor attitude towards customers
I emailed and emailed him for some sort of responce
got well its in your hands now replies
couldnt even get a refund and there was no way i was going to send it back
as i knew there would be no refund by his attitude
I really feel for muppet sport
chin up mate
Jake

27th Mar 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, i feel for muppetsport

chavtastic is probably feeling up some 13year old

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pics of damage caused from ebay sellers powdercoated rocker cover 22 database queries in 0.1298199 seconds