corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside*
7 omm

User status: Offline
7th Mar 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol...

John G

7th Mar 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 7 omm
lol...

7 omm aka the irmsher whore!!

where do you get all your money from??
Rich H

7th Mar 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus. The work and money going into this is phenomenal!!!

Gonna be easily once of the best C's once done
steve_b

7th Mar 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Tom,

Surley you could pick some stuff up a lot cheaper and save so much money from places like ebay, vaux message boards etc.

Steve
7 omm

7th Mar 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only work in asda part time mate.

im at colleage do a 6012 NVQ level 3 in gas heating and maintenence engineering. to you 'a gas man' lol.

and irmscher has a C innt dont offend my place of worship

i can see it becoming a 'stig' like enterance...

...some say his middle name is 'irmscher'.....others say he uses hi perants like barclays...all we know is he called '7 omm'
John G

7th Mar 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you work part time in asda def cnt understabnd where your moneys coming from,

take it your gonna be in alot of debt after this is finished then?

Joe

7th Mar 07 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seeing as you split your last one due to money, looks like your going all out on this one. Very interested to see what this turns out like.
7 omm

7th Mar 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steve_b
Nice one Tom,

Surley you could pick some stuff up a lot cheaper and save so much money from places like ebay, vaux message boards etc.

Steve

im getting good deals on the stuff i buy and its all brand new so i know fitting etc will be all good, sometime getting things cheaper works out worse..

later on when i post another update you'll notice a do buy some second hand things like, my system is all ex-demo stuff of a mate's astra turbo, the
H.I.D's
telly headunit
surrounds

were all bought second hand off painz for a good price.

on the hi-spec's i managed to sort out a bulk buy deal (with Gary from Rimstyle) cause i bought them, greenstuff pads, braided hoses, FK coilovers and rear disc's to match all in one go

im planning on running the engine in standerd form and use as much as the factory stuff as possible to keep the OEM+ look i want for 2007.

after that towards the end of next year you might see changes towards a full weld in cage, phase 3/4 engine, loads of carbon fibre, stripped to the bone, anthercite comp-mo's 16's..

and other bits and bob's like that to which i'll then use it for track days etc...

unless i get bored in between

insurance seem's reasonable to for when im 20 next month with 3 year no claims (beginning of april) adrain flux seem happy enough to insure the car inc all mods fo about the £1800FC mark which i really dont mind paying at my age

it've got to get it in first and a engineer's report,tax sorted MOT sorted, kit fitted....

the list is endless..

hope that clears alittle up for you steve

Tom.
7 omm

7th Mar 07 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its also been about 6 months since the last one was spilt i got about £5000 back in parts of it which more than covered my colleage course, the rest of thime time i've saved up and to date i have about £3000 debt to my dad, but i really dont think he's bothered about having it back...lol
Liam

7th Mar 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooo
Corsa_1800_SRi

7th Mar 07 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi tom, thanks for the pm on corsa-c only just notice youve posted this thread, read all the way tho it and ur doing such a good job, like said how do you afford it all at ur age lol ??good news on the insurance part too. How much is it costing you for the person to fit it?? will have to have a meet up when ur done as urs will have all the irmy stuff and the engine and mine will have all the irmy stuff then the engine is getting done early next year and will hopefully still be the first in the c with what am putting in.

Ive pm'd you back on corsa-c too. Good luck and keep the updates coming
Ste L

8th Mar 07 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awsome project mate, love it
jamesvalver

8th Mar 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so u sold the last minter because u needed the money for uni and now your building a new more expencive minter! love it!!!
7 omm

8th Mar 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesvalver
so u sold the last minter because u needed the money for uni and now your building a new more expencive minter! love it!!!

.......erm.........correct

god i hope the perant dont read this post
7 omm

8th Mar 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just got a box, HI SPEC'S are here me think's...
Corsa_1800_SRi

8th Mar 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some pics up, gona be ordering mine soon, any way you can see if they fit under 16" rims as a wana put them under the sri's
7 omm

8th Mar 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno mate, they look huge, i bought the 300mm kit with the extra's..

i've left my usb cable at the missuses house so i might end up there again tonight so i can update my thread's..

steve_b

8th Mar 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this must owe you so much already

great work tho great thread also

wish i could throw cash like this at a car tho, cant bring myself to!Lol
STEvieXE

8th Mar 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only just saw this thread. top stuff buddy. gd luck, looks fantastic
7 omm

8th Mar 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THIS IS WHERE IM UP TO NOW!!! 08.03.2007

we'll after sitting in for ages studing for colleage and working silly shift's at asda, i managed to get some more progress made on the corsa, and i've also found five to update the thread.

i'll start off with some pics of some more things that came through the post this morning *full on irmscher slut*

and inside the big blue blob

I believe i now have everything you can buy that is irmscher for the Corsa C. (apart from the stick on petrol cap/window post horrid things) and the gearknob(reason showing in picture below) once again it was all down to my main man Dave at www.irmscher-bits.com who has really help my little obsession along.

the reason behind no irmscher gearknob is this, an astra turbo gearknob fitted including cables etc for the F23 box. This is a really simple job as all the bolt holes are in the same place on the corsa as the astra turbo and the knob in my opinion looks the dogs danglies and adds to the OEM++ look im after

As i've been saying for a few weeks now the engine was ready to go in and i had the two side mounts sorted (there's four altogether)
If you look back to my first post i say at the end that i've sorted out and made the first mount, turn's out what we were told there was a load of bollocks.
I also forgot to mention i had a new recruit in my team. Some say he shites prototype vauxhall's. Other's say his penis is in the same shape as a vauxhall locking wheel nut....All i know is, he's called 'The R man' - clarkson style enterance

anyway, with the new man on my team i managed to get some thing's together, first off i needed to elongate the holes on the astra drivers side mount to match up with the smaller holes normally found on the corsa mount (only drilling out 3mm or so). We then had to had work out which offside mount to use to keep the gearbox in place, this is where its gets messy, most companies me and 'The R man' have spoke to say these mounts need to be custom made.

ONLY and i repeat ONLY due to 'The R man' not wanting everyone know how this is done i wont say or show what offside mount i used, but if you think 'it may have come some off a big engined car with a griffin on the front slightly adapted to fit' your going along the right route. With two of the four mounts oin place it was time to swing the engine into place, because you can only do one time at a time .i.e. work/take pictures, there are none of the engine on the crane, but there is some of it in the hole......BEHOLD....

POW...A Z20LET IN A CORSA C !!!

picture of the drivers mount in place

And now more random pictures some with front panel on etc.. this was just to gimme a rough idea as to how stright the engine is sitting (btw, its cock on)

Im really pleased with what we got done.

It wasn't just a case of bolting two mounts on and dropping a engine in, we also had to change all the starter motor wiring over from the corsa engine to the astra one, custom making it to make it longer so its fits,next up are the two stablizing mounts front and back, that sounds easy but whe you think that these need custom made and the engine needs to sit factory 7% angled forward, its gonna be abit of a ballache. Then the fuel lines as no corsa C have return pipe it'll be another astra borrowing job, then piping for radiators etc.

The intercooler/rad where just positioned there by me on the photo's and are not piped up. I just wanted to know if the standerd stuff will fit and with alittle trimming it looks like it will, this will make it better again for me as it will look more like it rolled out the showroom with the engine in the car which is the look im after.

Once again i hope i've made the post a half decent read for you and if i can help with any questions you have (other than offside mount) i would be happy to.

cheers for taking 5

Tom (7 OMM)
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Mar 07 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookes amazing sitting in there, so are you making something so that the mount lines up with that hole of driling another hole?

cash_2_my_corsa

8th Mar 07 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yes im lovin it
Matt H

8th Mar 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im impressed with these

Oh, and the fact that the 2.0 turbo engine is now fitted
deano87

8th Mar 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that Irmscher stuff is the sex.

I'd love to do the same with my car, but Steinmetz stuff!

Am I right in saying that engine is out of an Astra VXR? Or the earlier 2.0 Turbo, out of say the Astra G GSi?
Arctic_Monkey

9th Mar 07 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feature car right here

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside* 23 database queries in 0.1962268 seconds