corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside*
7 omm

User status: Offline
6th Mar 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well here it goes

a few month ago most of you will remember i had a modified corsa B.

you'll also remember that i started college and had some heavfty fee's to pay as the course i've taken is private (meaning the corsa B had to be split). Now that all that is sorted and all my fee's are payed i decided it was time to move on to my next car.

Originally i was gonna opt for a astra 888, but then for some strange reason unknown to mankind, i ended up deciding i wanted another corsa C. At first i thought i would be better and easier to buy a nearly new SRi, this proved to difficult and i sharp become sick of trying to find a decent SRi at the right price with the extra's i wanted that hadn't been around a tree.

I then decided *again* that it would be perfectly suitable to buy a cheaper lower spec car and change it to suit the way i want it to look/be. (if you understand what im trying to say)

On the 13th January 2007, i went down to Oversilton (southbound on the A19) to view a 2003/03 1.0 comfort model corsa C. After and good poke about and small test drive we exchange some dollar and away a drove with my base car (i actually havn't got any pictures of the car not in the garage on jack's etc.. for some reason?*i blame sarah the girlfriend/photographer lol*)

It was left in its standerd sorry state for 2 weeks, i then had 4 days off work so the project could begin. first up, with help of some good friends *Dave, Steve* we started to take out the old engine as i knew 1.0 3 cylinder power wasn't going to be up for the job. (quite a few pictures here)

first thing to come off was the engine harness

front end starts to come off

raditior is took out of the way inc all hoses pipes etc whch are needing to moved

ok so after unbolting the engine mounts and all other ancilleries the engine was ready to come out

give it a wipe over with a cloth on one side to give me an ideas as to weather or not it would nead painting, i dont think it will once its degreased/polished etc.

Well as if that wasn't enough to wet your appitite, i've also been very busy on the ordering side of things. Round about now i'd like to have in a huge plug to Dave @ www.irmscher-bits.com for sorting me out with all the following irmscher stuff for my project (pictures below):
- front airdam bumper
- rear apron
- exhaust
- sideskirts
- roof spoiler
- 'i' badge for the grill
- irmscher badge for the rear
- 4x17 sportstar alloys inc 'i' centre caps
- A FREE IRMSCHER CUP - see first picture

I also bought some -40mm lowering springs, sadly they have never been or never will be fitted to the car.

Then, i managed to get my rims wrapped in some avon ZZ3 tyres which from what i can gather are the dogs danglies, cheers to Paul Graham from HI-Q (hexham) for getting these at a mint price and taking loads of care when putting the rubber on.

I've also decided since the car is being used for everyday use, i wanted a nice headunit as my ICE, i then also thought i would be good to get some new plate's made up for the car *losing the curvy 7 the police love so much* i also thought it would be nice to add a touch of class and have some H.I.D's headlights in facelifts surroundings (9000k)

Oh yeah and last but not least my lastest purchase, a Z20 LET out of a astra gsi, it was all fine and running before being broke with 24,000 miles on and everything i need. e.g. chip for key, transponder, ecu, box, block, turbo, downpipe inc lambra sensors, engine loom, i even took the lighting loom (runs seperate) it was the first engine i've ever took out by my self and it took me 12 hours.. it wasn't the best engine to tackle on my own as a first and i couldn't find anyone to help me on such short notice.

reading through the thread you may wonder why i bought springs then sold them on without using them, this is because i was wanting a SRi and bought the parts first. i wasn't gonna bother with coilovers but since i changed my mind i ordered FK highsport coilovers and a Hi-Spec 4 pot upgrade to include 300mm grooved disc's grenstuff pads and braided hoses which means the -40mm spring's arn't needed

there still loads more to do but im going to keep on going and also keep on top of the updates as i know it makes for a decent read when summit is going on.

next up is de-greasing the engine bay and block ready for fitting, also order all my interior irmscher goodies from Dave so i have everything, then get on the phone to rimstyle and see what the progess on my brakes and stuff is like.

hope you all like it, i know it isn't to everyones taste but my aim is only to put a smile on my own face

cheers for taking 5

Tom (7 OMM)

[Edited on 29-06-2007 by 7 omm]

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by 7 omm]
k e l

6th Mar 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMFG.

That'll be 2 awesome cars you've had
beattie17

6th Mar 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its anything like your corsa b,should turn out really nice
Rich H

6th Mar 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice

I didnt realise this was you on CC|UK - have read about this on there as well I think.

This will be AWESOME
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is gona be amazing when done!!

how much did the enngine cost you and you must of spent a fortune for all the irmscher bits!
silver_V179GNA

6th Mar 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it keep the updates coming! cant wait to see this done
pdwhelan

6th Mar 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please become premium and have a garage, AND see you in total vauxhall with that fucking machine, haha good work. loving all the irmscher box's

[Edited on 06-03-2007 by pdwhelan]
Mark330d

6th Mar 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds as if its gona be lovely, makes me wish id never been an idiot and sold my c.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, your one big PIMP'n mofo!

Can't wait to see it progress, have to have a gander next time I'm in your area too

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Nice

I didnt realise this was you on CC|UK - have read about this on there as well I think.

This will be AWESOME

yeah, i messed up my first registration and must of typed im my password wrong....twice..lol

hence why they say i cant change from 'king kong' to '7 omm' unless i become a extra member

i've had this post up awhile and there are 3 more update so far i just wanted to see people's responsed throughout the car stages.

so far so good which is a nice start
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pdwhelan
Please become premium and have a garage, AND see you in total vauxhall with that fucking machine, haha good work. loving all the irmscher boxes[Edited on 06-03-2007 by pdwhelan]

me too

as said this is the first post

the's more to come £3000+ on irmscher bits i think on last count i have everything i wanted/liked.

im going for a OEM+ approach

how much is membership to?.
andy1868

6th Mar 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have high hopes for this car, keep us updated
Robin
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 7 omm
how much is membership to?.

£12.50 a year, which judging by the 3k of Irmscher stuff, you can afford
steve_b

6th Mar 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Tom, shame you didnt LET the corsa b as thats one of my fav cars!

Steve
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll get onto it.

im gonna become one on cc.uk too
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im loving your ride mate and its good to see someone not do soemthing by half.

i may put up part 2 later on to keep you lot busy reading...

meh, gimme 2 ticks..lol

ChazSXi

6th Mar 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a mazin project.
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, Saturday (29.01.2007)was a very bad day, absolutly nothing went my way. first off it all seemed ok, i went to my mate's house to get the recovery truck, which seem's normal until i noticed the tyre was flat, not a good start. Then once the tyre was sorted, we went over to get the car, by this time i was well happy and had forgot about the tyre slowing us up. I pushed the car out of my lock-up then hooked it up to the winch. I then thought it would be a good time to take some pictures for my beloved project thread which i like to update. I went into the recovery cabing and got the camera to find out it had no fucking battery in it. (this being due to me re-charging the night before). by this time the tyre thing came back into my head and i was well fucked off. As if that wasn't enough we started to winch the car on the body and as soon as abit of pressure was applied to the rope (halfway up the ramps), it juddered and smashed the gears in the casing.

I decided at this point i'd had enough and put everything back and went home..well pissed off wasn't the words.

Sunday on the other hand started off sweet and only got better. i managed to get all the engine bay de-greased on the spot (in the lock-up) which took the best part of 4 hours.. i have some before and after pictures.. it could probably still do with a powerwash on the back end of the cradle and power steering rack, but i'll leave that until the car is driveable again.

turns out the best way to apply the de-greaser is to brush/spray it on.

And now for some pictures of it cleaned up and de-greased

personally i find the end result mint and would really recommend that de-greaser in the picture, i was told about the stuff from a mate and for £10.99 the tub is huge, you dont really use much and it works wonders as the pictures show. (plug for halfords)

Now then, as if all that cleaning wasn't enough, i also got Dave (the lad helping fit the engine) to get hold of a old van he doesn't care about from work, i needed this as i only have one engine crane which was at the lock up and i didn't fancy taking the engine out at the jet wash. After about 3 seconds of thinking we decided the best way to clean the engine was to open the back doors and blast it with the ject wash form the inside (as we would have to sit on the seats once cleaned) we took the engine engine to 'wash car' previously known as 'spangles' as these have new jet wash system which are really powerfull. Below are some pictures of the engine cleaned, On the engine crane with my new chain keeping it up and on a pallet waiting for the fitting to start.

Now then, not only did i manage to get all that cleaning done (might not look like much but fuck me its hard scrubbing) i also managed to sort out my first engine mount, this is some custom OEM+ shit right here, and remember where you seen it first. i'll brake it down into steps for you incase you ever fancy doing the same or get asked a corsa mount question.

1. get both corsa (X12XE/X10XE or which ever model you own as they all run the same mount in the same place) passenger and astra (Z20LET/Z20LER/Z20LEH or same as above as the mounts on these are also the same) like so (silver one being out of the astra as i've already changed it before it before i took these pictures);

this is the mount taking from the passenger side remember *see picture*(will be found in the same place but slighty bigger on the astra);

once both these mounts are out you'll notice there very silmilar only a few mm differance to be precise. all you need to do is turn the astra mount over and on the rear you'll find a torque bolt (thats what i call them anyway) like so;

un-loosen this bolt and the mount will fall out including the rubber bung, do the same to the corsa mount (un-loosen) then put the astra mount in the corsa casing, you'll notice it fits perfect even the little nib on the back of the astra mount (you'll know what i mean if you take one apart) sits perfect into the corsa casing.

this basically means the engine, if we go of this mount first to fit it (which we are) will sit level and have a better chance of looking factory. it also shows us how easy (little modifaction the other mounts are going to need)

now, thats as far i have got on sunday night and i aint done much tonight bar buy a mount and go back to work, this may slow the project up alittle but it will still be my priority for along time yet.

thanks once more for taking 5 and i hope you like the progress.

Tom (7 OMM)

P.S. feel free to post your thoughts good/bad as i'd like to hear feedback to see what people think
Bram

6th Mar 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome project!
abdus

6th Mar 07 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome....absolutely brilliant

keep us updated...very nice project
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimey that looks easy for that mount but are they all the same?

and chance u could tell me how much u payed for the engine and also where are you getting the shafts and hubs etc made up?
fresh_creps

6th Mar 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this project mate,keep up the good work!! look forward to seeing how this is gunna turn out
7 omm

6th Mar 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
blimey that looks easy for that mount but are they all the same?

and chance u could tell me how much u payed for the engine and also where are you getting the shafts and hubs etc made up?

it all goes abit tit's up mate..

look out for the next few update over the next couple of weeks and all will become clear
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right, i was looking at doing mine myself but trying to find an engine for decent money and the hubs and shafts look to be a problem!

think im gona stick with a Z18XE on TB`s

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irmscher Corsa C Turbo *now for sale - link inside* 24 database queries in 0.1995010 seconds