corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Overhaeating x14xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overhaeating x14xe
Anthony

User status: Offline
   6th Mar 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the day off work today, and is a lovely day, so thought i'd do some more bodywork to the car..

battery was flat so i got it jump started and left it running for a bit to charge the battery, while i was doing some filling.. bout 20 mins later i heard hissing, and some steam, looked at the dash and the tempature was upto 100' degrees, turned the engine off and noticed water under the car..grrrrrr... i didnt hear the fan kick in either... what could be causing this. what do i need to get to fix it ?..

thermostat?.. new rad?...

how can i check if the fan is working??
Anthony

User status: Offline
6th Mar 07 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i found the problem.. the fan isnt kicking in, ive bypassed the fan switch and the fan works, i tried taking the fan switch out but it just kep spinning.. do u have to pull it out?.. is it just like a cap-nut on the switch ??.. cheapest place to get a new one.. links if poss...

New Poll