corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » forza 2 video

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author forza 2 video
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
4th Mar 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New in-game but not final build footage of Forza Motorsport 2 from the 1UP Show Video Podcast. so its the most recent gameplay footage realised but probably a few months old now and therefore not as recent as the new pics. still a very good watch and i have also found out some good news about this game:

we are getting a demo

the developers have been making very good progress recently and the game could well come out a few weeks early, ive heard it could be on sale in 5 weeks time

quote:

There's also a lot of much more subtle stuff that can be seen too. Brake dust blackens the body panels behind the front wheels, and dirt smears up the hood and into intakes as it's sucked in by the airflow. Those shiny looking objects in the screenshots don't look so shiny for long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4242863778721821635&hl=en

oh and theres an in game photo on this page at the bottom
http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass36-2.htm

[Edited on 04-03-2007 by mk4_astra]
Corsa Sport Gav

4th Mar 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG i cannot wait!!
mk4_astra

4th Mar 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me neither
Steve
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish theyd post some more screenies
Steve
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impressive

The AI takes a simulated test drive in every car before it races it to better learn the car’s capabilities. This allows it to understand how to get the most out of each individual car. It does NOT drive a Civic the same way it drives a Ferrari. This is at the heart of our ability to allow the player to hire AI drivers to drive the player’s custom tuned car. Even with upgrades, the AI will quickly learn the car’s quirks and drive its wheels off.

The AI has a more accurate understanding of the physics engine than in the original Forza Motorsport. It is much better at estimating how much grip it will have available for turning, braking, accelerating at all times, and is better at using this to make a fast run through each turn. This may be one of its strongest aptitudes right now -- it has a very accurate prediction of its own performance.

In the original Forza Motorsport, the AI had a very rigid understanding of the shape of each track, that was technically accurate, but not necessarily the way a race car driver would see it. A chicane, for example, was often seen as a rapid series of alternating corners. But a real driver can recognize that there’s a much smoother line through there. For Forza Motorsport 2, the AI has a better understanding of the driving line within the literal track edge.

It’s much more cognizant of the cars around it and openings for it to pass. There are cases where the AI in the original just didn’t recognize it when another driver made a mistake. It has evolved to take better advantage of these kinds of opportunities. Moreover, it’s become really fun to wheel-to-wheel race against. This is one of the changes in the AI I’m most happy about.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know if they are likely to have weather?
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really cannot wait til this comes out! It looks insane!
mk4_astra

4th Mar 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
anyone know if they are likely to have weather?

no not this time
Steve
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf youd really only contemplate track action in real life if it were dry anyway
Adam_B

4th Mar 07 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done oulton park in the snow and rain and nurburgring in really bad rain
Paul_J

4th Mar 07 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks really shit realism in that... Looks like it handled on rails ...
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to wait and see, only game that has handled realisticly was richard burns rally on the pc, live for speed was crap, hopefully this will play better
Robin
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it had 100% realitic handling, it wouldn't be any fun, as you'd have to spend hours training yourself for each car, then crashing when you hit a bump you didn't see because the graphics aren't good enough to simulate it.

I'd rather have a game which you can pick up and play and enjoy, than have the most realistic driving simuator (if that's possible with thumb control)
Paul_J

5th Mar 07 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's the problem I suppose, these games are designed to be played with a pad.

You all need a FFB Wheel.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently according to that vid, this game is designed round the wheel, might invest in one for it
mk4_astra

5th Mar 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
that looks really shit realism in that... Looks like it handled on rails ...

obviously it wont be 100% realistic and dont forget that intro scene was with a race car so in perfect weather conditions like that in forza 2 it will handle like its on rails..

in handling/realistic terms it will definately be compairable to gt:hd, but will probably be seen as having the edge due to how deep they have gone in forza 2 with car physics.

i also keep hearing how realistic gtr is, well thats coming out this year for the 360 which is worth noting

still after owning forza 1 and keeping a close eye on how forza 2 is coming along i really do think it will be the best racing game out there to date
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Mar 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT series is prob the most unrealistic game just banh on a stage 4 turbo to a civic and it drives the same as without

i agree with steve only decent driving games ive played are Rally games
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also you get the same tyre squeal sound fx as you got on the ps one with GT1
Robin
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT games are more realistic if you use the 'control' tyres and switch the driver aids off, then when you turbo a civic, it drives differently to standard...

The problem with it is that the cars don't slide, but with Forza, they did, which made the game more fun
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i turned all aids off and it was unrealistic as fook, i dont have a problem with it being life like realistic, if its not going to be realistic might as well put any old randon made up cars in and not real ones

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by Steve]
mk4_astra

6th Mar 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ms are releasing some more videos today of some of the new games coming out soon and forza 2 is one of them so watch this space
topshot_2k
Banned

6th Mar 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i turned all aids off and it was unrealistic as fook, i dont have a problem with it being life like realistic, if its not going to be realistic might as well put any old randon made up cars in and not real ones

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by Steve]

yep even the evo's cant turn corners
Doug

6th Mar 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting moist at the thought of this game
mk4_astra

7th Mar 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok heres the vid i was talking about, havnt had chance to watch it yet though but i believe its alot newer biuld than the one i first posted
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6166927&pid=932731
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auction house sounds like a cool idea.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll