corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » had laser eye surgery yesterday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author had laser eye surgery yesterday
SVM 286

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth...

*vomits, faints and falls off chair*

You truly are John Matrix. I'd be wearin' 3 pairs of bloody specs on top of each other before trying that shit on for size.

Good on you mate. Glad you're getting good returns.

You and Jules are now the laser eyed monster twins
CoastalCorsa

2nd Mar 07 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good mate, I have been concidering having laser surgery and i am pretty sure i will be getting it done before i'm 30

My eye sight is total poo, i currently pay £200 for one pair of contact lenses which i have to make last 12 months

This is the first time i have read feed back from any one, my usual advice is from my optician who i am sure does not want me to go ahead with it cos they would be outa work without my payments.
Jules

2nd Mar 07 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly people - you go through more pain having a filling at the dentist.

Laser eye surgery is almost entirelly painless (Epi-Lasik, the expensive one anyway), all you feel when you first go into theatre is the drops going in your eye, once they start to work you feel nothing else at all - they even use a special pen to draw a + on your eye so they know where to target and you don't feel a thing.
the only things you do feel during the op is when they apply vacumn pressure to your eye to bring it out enough to make the slice to fold back the flap but that lasts only a few seconds and the pressure isn't that bad anyway, then it all goes kind of blurry (like you have had vasaline smeered on your eye), you look at a red dot, you see flashes of blue which is the laser doing it's thing, you hear a quiet crackling noise like a welder and you experience the worst part of the whole op (imo) - the burning smell.
Onc both eyes are done you can see but it's pretty blurry and your eyes are VERY light sensitive - for me I was driven home on a bright sunny day wearing sunglasses, with my eyes shut and with my hand over my eyes and I my eyes still hurt from the light coming through!
Once home I laid down in a darkened room and every hour I applied the drops the same as Seth, they sting a little at first but after the first 2/3 times they are ok, after about 4 hours my eye sight was bang on! It took a few more days for them to fully focus (one eye was slower to heal than the other which made judging some things difficult) but once done I was so impressed with having what people take for granted.

For me the biggest thing is going out in the rain and not having to keep taking my glasses off to wipe them, going to bed and being able to see the TV with no risk of falling asleep and bending my specs, having a shower and being able to see what I'm doing properly - it's all the small things that really made the difference for me and I'd really recommend it to anyone!
SVM 286

2nd Mar 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicely put Jules
Fad

3rd Mar 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GT4Brody
I considered this but my optician said i wasnt suitable as i have lazy eye, which means the nerve hasnt developed properly so laser wouldnt help.
good luck with yours though, would love to be able to bin the specs...

Got the same problem although I have been told every case is different and you should go for the free consultation to see? I'm going to do this and see what happens, think you should at least talk to another optoetrist and see what their verdict is.

Nice bit of info Seth
burgess

3rd Mar 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm I want to wait a while longer before I go for any lazer shizzle!
my eyesight is so bad I cannot have contacts and if I had prescription lenses they would be around 40mm thick!
I get the thinnest of thin lenses and cost over £200 a lense!
there is a vid of lazer surgery somewhere and when you see them pulling the flap back the eye looks like a bitten blue liquorice allsort!
SetH

3rd Mar 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

says vid no longer available
burgess

3rd Mar 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I know checked after I posted it!
prob coz its pretty grim!
I will prob go for this tho
An ALI (sometimes referred to as a phakic intra-ocular lens) is a permanent solution to short sight, long sight and/or astigmatism. The procedure involves the implanting of a lens into the eye, which will act in the same way as a standard contact lens by helping the eye to focus images clearly. Once implanted, an ALI will remain in place permanently, meaning a lifelong reduction in, or complete freedom from, the need for glasses and contact lenses for distance vision.

then I can say I have implants lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » had laser eye surgery yesterday 22 database queries in 0.0116100 seconds